Prop AD in NE

So after thinking my prop did not need the recurring eddy current inspection, turns out it does. I have been thinking that because mine had a B in the model number the AD did not apply, turns out after reading the AD the 'B' suffix needs to be in the serial number. So I'm looking for someone to come do the inspection for me. Anybody know anyone in the Philadelphia area? I'm at brandywine airport (KOQN). I'm an A&P but unfortunately I don't have an eddy current machine and I'm currently away for work.

Call Randy at East Coast Propellor , they do it Mobile 717 627 7407 ... Tell Him Alan Fox referred you , I think I'm due , He likes if you fly it out to Smoketown, but he will come out to Brandywine..... Regards   

• Like 1

Does your propeller have an"E" ath the end of the ser#? If not, the propeller has to come off an be disassembled for its first inspection per the AD.

???? i don't remember reading that in the AD. It requires an eddy current inspection and according to the service instruction that is done with the prop installed.

http://hartzellprop.com//wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SB269-R06-W.pdf

Brian

The AD you have has been superceeded 4 times. In the original AD it stated it had to have a 1 time inspection where it is disassembled an eddy current inspected both inside an outside. When complete, the hub is to be stamped with an E then it could have its 100hr recurring inspection done on wing. The same AD that stated it had to be done every year regardless of time(hrs). The yearly inspection went by the wayside with the second revision, however the rest was unchanged.... When I get back in the shop on Monday if I think about it, I will get you the original AD