New Headset - AV100 AKG by Harmon

merrja

Hi All,

I just purchased a new AV100 for my F model at Sun N Fun (which was quite a leap of faith as I was planning to purchase a new Bose).

I spent a great deal of time comparing all the differnt ANR headsets like you can only do at Sunfun/Oshkosh. After doing my homwork  and comparing everything I decided to try the Av100 and in point of fact they gave me a 30 day retrun option in case I did not like them.

Needless to say this is the best purchase I have made in 20 years of flying!  The ANR and passive noise reduction are outstanding, but the sound quality is well beyond anything availble. This becsue Harmon makes all kinds of high end recording studio equipment.  Leveled off in cruise with the bluetooth playing is like being on a quiet beach with earbuds.

I HIGHLY reccomend this headset above anything else I have ever used..

Just thought I would pass this along to my fellow mooney drivers.

Marauder,

They are just rolling them out, I can post the U.S. Sales Manager's number if you'd like. I just ordred a second heaset from them.

Cheers!

Jim

Sure post away. I'm familiar with their other products. Be curious to find out more.

Sent using Tapatalk

What did you pay for yours?

I paid $1,000 and I think it's the best money I have ever spent on my airplane.  The headset is really comfrotable on my head and my girlfriends as well (her head is a fraction of the size of mine).   She tried it on in flight, looked at me said "amazing, when are you gettting mine"! 

Married, wife gets used halos (w/new ear bits!) I bought them from Rob...

Unmarried, girlfriend gets top of the line NC headset!

Kids get old DCs. ( they are confused by the fashion logo)

I think I understand relationships now...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

reviving a year old thread. that's a bold move cotton, lets see how it pays off

Last week I was searching for headset reviews and this thread popped up on google search. Since that is how I found the forum, I thought I would post. I'll try to get more current as I explore the forum :)

Headsets Inc. sells a great product. Not to difficult to install if you are mechanically adept and know how to solder. They work great. They also have the jacks, etc. to hard wire into your plane, so you don't have to fool with batteries (unless you are in someone else's plane)