mixture control knob

Bryanmooney

Hey guys,

I have a random part question,,,,,,

So I was flying along and my plastic mixture control knob broke right off. I have the quadrant style setup so i am left with a flat piece of metal sticking out to control the mixture. The knob was round and had a simple screw that went right through the middle and the 2 sides squeezed on the metal mixture piece.

Anyone know where I can get this plastic piece? I checked spruce but they dont offer it.

Anyone ever had this issue? Suprised the heck outta me.

Hey guys,

I have a random part question,,,,,,

So I was flying along and my plastic mixture control knob broke right off. I have the quadrant style setup so i am left with a flat piece of metal sticking out to control the mixture. The knob was round and had a simple screw that went right through the middle and the 2 sides squeezed on the metal mixture piece.

Anyone know where I can get this plastic piece? I checked spruce but they dont offer it.

Anyone ever had this issue? Suprised the heck outta me.

Check out this thread: http://mooneyspace.com/topic/9639-big-red-pull-knob/

I searched long and hard for one. If the part number provided is available, I would try to order it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Chris doesn't sleep..better check that sleep apnea stuff

No Tom & Dan, it is the pleasure of working in corporate America. Wake up in the middle of the night worrying about something at work and not being able to get back to sleep.

Sent using Tapatalk

A piece of black delrin would fit nicely into that lathe, and could even be grooved afterwards, using a Dremel and sanding burr. Durable, easy to machine, cool to the touch and would look similar to mine except for the color. White delrin would work, too, but it would look dingy after a while, I think. Don't know if red delrin is available at any price, much less one that you would like.

I don't think red derlin is available.  Since the yoke is aluminum and painted black, I would not worry too much about a small knob.  If you want to stay the plastic route then buy the correct size rod and cut it on the table saw.  Or you could buy a sheet and use the correct size holesaw.  If you want to be really correct, use the old knobs to make a mold and then pour your self a new one http://www.polytek.com/

Here is a tripod mounted macro lens adjuster I made for a friend...  I even under cut the aluminum and honed the slide for a silky action

gallery_11450_13904_77579.jpg

and a cat in bluebonnets just because

gallery_11450_13904_121313.jpg