Foreflight New Flight Alerts

This feature has been around for awhile through FlightAware as well...simply program your My FlightAware account to look for filings with your N-number. But it's nifty to have in FF because that's one less service to have to manage. I agree that it's a great feature.

That is a very nice feature for sure but what I like about using fltplan.com that I don't see on foreflight is a listing of recent planned routes and recent ATC issued route between the departure and destination airport.  I really like that feature as it simplifies my flight planning and I can see what has been recently tried and what has been approved.  Am I missing this functionality somewhere in foreflight?

• Like 1

Foreflight is a lot like Fltplan in that even though we all use it all the time it's amazing how often we can find something about it we never knew.  There is SO much information on the Fltplan nav logs and it is or at least was simply amazing.  Now Foreflight is really taking the reigns on these features.  Although I still use Fltplan personally and professionally at the moment I can envision using Foreflight exclusively in the future for all my flight planning needs. 

Can you load a flight plan into the aspen using the iPad? Connected panel.....

Really closing the loop here!

Best regards,

-a-

You can load it into Nav 1 but our friends at Garmin closed the cross fill capability. And as for the GTN series -- since Anthony you live in New Jersey "Forgetaboutit!"

The main reason I use fltplan for planning, is the ability to build a profile of an aircraft which considers actual climb speeds and fuel flow.  Foreflight is just not useful for flight planning times and fuel flows because of that, particularly if you do long climbs to altitude as I often do. 

Foreflight does have a list of recent routes between A & B.  In the map page you can press routes.

OK, I am a little dense as I went to the maps page and could not find recently filed/recent ATC approved routing.  I see various routes but they don't seem related to any particular departure and destination airport that I am searching.  Sorry for the remedial Foreflight request.

Foreflight does have a list of recent routes between A & B. In the map page you can press routes. OK, I am a little dense as I went to the maps page and could not find recently filed/recent ATC approved routing. I see various routes but they don't seem related to any particular departure and destination airport that I am searching. Sorry for the remedial Foreflight request.
Since most of us are flying from small airports to small airports, I don't think ForeFlight has as many of those available - but it is getting better. When the feature first became available, I did not find many routes. Here is a flight from my home airport to a small airport near Buffalo. Right after this feature came out, this route you see here was not available. It is now. 7ysasuqy.jpg

That's what I like about fltplan.com.  When I go in and put a route, for example tomorrow I am flying from KRYY to KOLV.  When I get to the form to complete the flight details it shows me recent planned routes and those recently approved by ATC between those two airports.  To me that is a very useful tool and helps me avoid recreating the wheel.  I will play around with the ATC approved routes until I find one I like which is usually the first or second I try.  Like others, I also like the winds aloft numbers for the altitudes above and below my chosen altitude so I can adjust accordingly.  The new features on Foreflight are nice but they don't seem to match fltplan.com as yet.

OK, I am a little dense as I went to the maps page and could not find recently filed/recent ATC approved routing.  I see various routes but they don't seem related to any particular departure and destination airport that I am searching.  Sorry for the remedial Foreflight request.

Here's what it looks like (attachment below). I put in KTTA and KMYR as the departure and destination and touched "Routes."  You will initially get a screen that says there are no routes. Be patient a few seconds.

That's what I like about fltplan.com.  When I go in and put a route, for example tomorrow I am flying from KRYY to KOLV.  When I get to the form to complete the flight details it shows me recent planned routes and those recently approved by ATC between those two airports.  To me that is a very useful tool and helps me avoid recreating the wheel.  I will play around with the ATC approved routes until I find one I like which is usually the first or second I try.  Like others, I also like the winds aloft numbers for the altitudes above and below my chosen altitude so I can adjust accordingly.  The new features on Foreflight are nice but they don't seem to match fltplan.com as yet.

Me too. The recent ATC routes has historically been more robust that the one in ForeFlight. That may be changing. Flightaware recently announced that if you file IFR using it's planner, your expected clearance will be available in ForeFlight. That may mean they are getting together to make the route selection process more robust.

post-11034-0-05983100-1383594479_thumb.j

Here's what it looks like (attachment below). I put in KTTA and KMYR as the departure and destination and touched "Routes."  You will initially get a screen that says there are no routes. Be patient a few seconds.

Me too. The recent ATC routes has historically been more robust that the one in ForeFlight. That may be changing. Flightaware recently announced that if you file IFR using it's planner, your expected clearance will be available in ForeFlight. That may mean they are getting together to make the route selection process more robust.

Gracias!