KLN-94 Color IFR GPS (slide in for a KLN-89B)

Years ago, I went from a 90B to a 94 and found it to be a huge improvement. Much easier to read, logic about the same, installation was not plug and play but about a grand. Data card much better front loading. I am not sure it's supported anymore. Annunciator is not required if it's in your center stack; I may still have the FAA paperwork somewhere, not that it's required.

I agree about the prettiness, I used one for IFR training for some basic navigation.

What the students did to it though was impressive...

It looks like a touch screen, but it isn't.  

The students crushed the screen in certain spots until they realize that it's not a touch screen.  That could be expensive and annoying...

I am looking forward to a waas upgrade....

Best regards,

-a-

DanB,

It's like using a VOR and DME only easier.  If you drive the AP with it, it's nice and smooth.  It loads complete IFR procedures and plots the waypoints on the screen.  It can memorize several flight plans, do nearest, full database.

It was considered modern technology until Garmin went WAAS.  Overall it's a nice device if you don't have one.  Jimmy's price is pretty good too.

Keep in mind,  I have purchased my KLN90B from Jimmy before, it was attached to a few other things as well!

Best regards,

-a-

Quote: carusoam

DanB,

It's like using a VOR and DME only easier.  If you drive the AP with it, it's nice and smooth.  It loads complete IFR procedures and plots the waypoints on the screen.  It can memorize several flight plans, do nearest, full database.

Quote: allsmiles

...and worse. It is my understanding, the display on the KLN units is not supported any longer by Honeywell! Which means if the display goes there is no help.

Sorry Dan,

My bad...

It seems that my memory challenges are leading me to do strange things.  Like attribute responses incorrectly and seek the purchase of a GPSS unit.

Fortunately for me, as Byron pointed out, the KLN90B is capable of connecting to a GPSS. 

Thanks guys for the approved strategy for improving my GPS situation.

Sorry Jimmy, I didn't mean to distract your original post.  But, Do you have any extra GPSS units laying around that I might be able to help you out with?

Note: Jimmy is a wonderful individual to do business with, if the opportunity comes your way....

Back to researching GPSSs...

Best regards,

-a-

:-)

• 3 weeks later...