Inside the $200,000 Mooney M20J??

haymak3r

5 hours ago, RoundTwo said:

Neat video but I got the feeling it was an AI script. I wonder if @201er supplied any footage, or if it was just captured from his videos without him knowing about it.

That was done without my permission or input :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/30/2024 at 2:14 PM, 201er said:

That was done without my permission or input :unsure:

Using stills (or even short clips) from a published video probably falls under the Fair Use Doctrine:

Under the fair use doctrine of the U.S. copyright statute, it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports. There are no legal rules permitting the use of a specific number of words, a certain number of musical notes, or percentage of a work. Whether a particular use qualifies as fair use depends on all the circumstances.

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 4:16 PM, Fly Boomer said:

Using stills (or even short clips) from a published video probably falls under the Fair Use Doctrin20Under the fair use doctrine of the U.S. copyright statute, it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports. There are no legal rules permitting the use of a specific number of words, a certain number of musical notes, or percentage of a work. Whether a particular use qualifies as fair use depends on all the circumstances.

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html

@201er (Mike) may not sue, but the parrots may decide to. Free speech applies to humans, the parrots may want to get paid for their speech. They need seed money for a new venture. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where in the world did he get yearly operating cost of $200-$300? Even if that was based on old $2 per gall gas prices which is unobtainium  now, that would be only 100 gallons of gas and at 10 gallons per hour only 10 hours of use for a year. I think he forgot to add a zero on to those numbers. It’s this kind of vastly over optimistic prices that uninformed people read about and think oh i could fly around in my airplane and it only cost me $200-300 dollars a year to operate. Then they get a plane and are hugely disappointed when it cost ten times the amount they read about. 

Where in the world did he get yearly operating cost of $200-$300? Even if that was based on old $2 per gall gas prices which is unobtainium  now, that would be only 100 gallons of gas and at 10 gallons per hour only 10 hours of use for a year. I think he forgot to add a zero on to those numbers. It’s this kind of vastly over optimistic prices that uninformed people read about and think oh i could fly around in my airplane and it only cost me $200-300 dollars a year to operate. Then they get a plane and are hugely disappointed when it cost ten times the amount they read about. 

Maybe he meant monthly.

31 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

I thought he said 20-30K fixed costs, plus 200-300 per hour....

Those seem like my numbers and not what you guys in the US pay...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sue Bon said:

I thought he said 20-30K fixed costs, plus 200-300 per hour....

Those seem like my numbers and not what you guys in the US pay...

Ah maybe i miss understood as 200-300 per month woukd be more believable.

4 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

Ah maybe i miss understood as 200-300 per month woukd be more believable.

Now that I think about it, he probably meant $200-300 per hour, giving $20-30K per year, assuming 100h of flight/year...

• Like 2