Florida Mooney Lunch Group

mike_elliott

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

I am sad to report that long time member Phil Baumann passed away on August 28.  He started coming to our lunches in June 2004, just 6 months after we started, and came frequently thereafter.  He will be missed.

We had good weather for our last event and 6 Mooneys brought 10 people to Winter Haven for a good time of visiting and eating.

Our next event will be this Saturday, October 14, at Flagler (FIN).  Foreflight shows their price of 100LL at $5.62 for self serve at this time.

All events start at 11:30.

Future events:

October 14, Flagler (FIN).
November 11, Lakeland (LAL)
December 9, Sebring (SEF)

Please let me know by Thursday if you are going to try to come so I can give the restaurant an approximate headcount.  If you tell me you are coming, and can’t come do not worry about telling me, just do not come.   I do not want anyone flying for any reason if they shouldn’t.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
11605 Lane Park Rd.
Tavares, FL. 
352-408-3343

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had some low weather initially, but basically good weather for our last event at Flagler.  Three Mooneys and one Piper brought 8 people to lunch.  The initial low weather delayed three people who arrived as the rest were leaving, so Jim Waymire, Ruth , and I stayed and visited while they ate their lunch. 

Our next event will be this Saturday, November 11, at Lakeland (KLAL).  Foreflight shows their price of self serve 100LL at $4.95 for self serve at this time.

Future events:

November 11, Lakeland (LAL).
December 9, Sebring (SEF).
January, 13, Williston (X60).

Please let me know by Thursday if you are going to try to come so I can give the restaurant an approximate headcount.  If you tell me you are coming, and can’t come do not worry about telling me, just do not come.   I do not want anyone flying for any reason if they shouldn’t.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
11605 Lane Park Rd.
Tavares, FL. 
352-408-3343

352-408-3343

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

In spite of some low IFR weather in the morning we had 6 Mooneys and 1 Bonanza bring 13 people to Lakeland for our last event.  We all enjoyed the good company, food, and inexpensive self serve fuel price.

Our next event will be this Saturday, December 9 at Sebring (KSEF).  Foreflight shows their price of self serve 100LL at $4.72  at this time.

Future events:

December 9, Sebring (SEF).

February 10, Fort Pierce (FPR).

Please let me know by Thursday if you are going to try to come so I can give the restaurant an approximate headcount.  If you tell me you are coming, and can’t come do not worry about telling me, just do not come.   I do not want anyone flying for any reason if they shouldn’t.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth

11605 Lane Park Rd.

Tavares, FL. 

352-408-3343

• 1 month later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had great VFR weather for our last event and 7 Mooneys and 1 Piper brought 16 people to Sebring for a very enjoyable lunch.

Our next event will be this Saturday, January 13, at Williston (X60).  Foreflight shows their price of self serve 100LL at $4.75  at this time.

Future events:

March 9,       Winter Haven (GIF).

Please let me know by Thursday if you are going to try to come so I can give the restaurant an approximate headcount.  If you tell me you are coming, and can’t come do not worry about telling me, just do not come.   I do not want anyone flying for any reason if they shouldn’t.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth

N46DT

352-408-3343

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

In spite of  being an overcast dreary day, we had 5 Mooneys and one Husky bring 9 people to lunch at Williston last month.  

Our next event will be this Saturday, February 10 at the Tiki Restaurant at Fort Pierce (KFPR).  Foreflight shows their price of self serve 100LL at $5.39  at this time.

Future events:

April 13,      Flagler, (FIN).

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
N46DT
352-408-3343

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had nice weather for our last event at Fort Pierce, warm, windy, and a high overcast.  Twelve Mooneys and one Piper brought 22 people together for good conversation and food.  We totally filled the space the restaurant gave us, so it was perfect attendance.

Our next event will be this Saturday, March 9 at the Flightline Cafe at Winter Haven (KGIF).  Foreflight shows their price of self serve 100LL at $4.87  at this time.

Future events:

May 11,         Lakeland, (LAL).

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
N46DT
352-408-3343

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had IFR weather early and lots of wind for our last event.  Four Mooneys  brought 8 people together for good conversation and food at Winter Haven.

Our next event will be this Saturday, April 13 at the Landing Strip Restaurant at Flagler (KFIN). This is in the same building Hi Jackers used to be in. Foreflight shows their price of self serve 100LL at $5.24  at this time.

Future events:

May 11,         Lakeland, (LAL).
June 8,      Sebring, (SEF).

This year the Mooney Summit will be on September 27 and 28.  If you would like to register go to www.mooneysummit.com 

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
N46DT
352-408-3343

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had very nice weather for our last event, lunch at Flagler, 8 Mooneys and 1 Bonanza brought 14 people together for good food and conversation. 

Our next event will be this Saturday, May 11, at the Tiki  restaurant at the Fort Pierce Airport KFPR

Future events:

May 11,       Ft Pierce, (KFPR)
July 13      Williston, (X60).

This year the Mooney Summit will be on September 27 and 28.  If you would like to register go to www.mooneysummit.com 

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
N46DT
352-408-3343

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

In spite of some IFR weather in the morning, we had 9 Mooneys and 2 Pipers bring 16 people to Fort Pierce at our last event.  The food and company were great.  While we were there, Home Land Security showed up with a highly modified King Air which they showed us.  The offered to answer our questions, but when the dust settled many were classified and got a “no comment” answer.  I did find out however that they can read the name and hailing port on the transom of a sailboat at an altitude of more than 1,000 feet.  Guess you shouldn’t relieve yourself over the stern (not a good idea for safety reasons anyway) or play around with your favorite squeeze in the cockpit.  Pictures of their airplane below (I hope).

Our next event will be this Saturday, June 8, at the Sebring Airport (SEF).

Future events:

August 10     Fort Pierce, (FPR).

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
N46DT
352-408-3343

http://mobile-webview.gmail.com/-1697368680/blockedhttp://mobile-webview.gmail.com/-1697368680/blockedhttp://mobile-webview.gmail.com/-1697368680/blocked

94D1B7EA-E476-4EDA-938D-1B6161063A5C_4_5005_c.jpeg

C3FAE5C8-6F49-48A0-B8C9-D19239D39264_4_5005_c.jpeg

EE46D2DB-0C07-48D1-9237-ED261F1BF754_4_5005_c.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had great weather for our last event, lunch at Sebring.  Six Mooneys brought 10 people, and we all enjoyed visiting and eating.

Our next event will be this Saturday, July 13, at the Pyper Kub Cafe at Williston (X60).

Future events:

September 14  Winter Haven, (GIF).

Ruth and I have sold our house on Lake Harris and moved to an over 55 community.  Our new address is 1023 Nantucket Sound, Mt. Dora, 32757.  Our phone numbers and email are unchanged.  The new owners of our house did not want the trains, so they went to a friend who is building a garden RR in North Carolina.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
N46DT
352-408-3343

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

We had good VFR weather for our last event, lunch at Williston.  Six Mooneys brought 8 people, and we all enjoyed visiting and eating.

Our next event will be this Saturday, August 10, at the Tiki at Fort Pierce (FPR).

Future events:

September 14  Winter Haven, (GIF).
October 12,  Flagler (FIN).

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth
N46DT
352-408-3343

• Thanks 1