Does AD 2023-17-04 apply to Lycomings?

MikeOH

Got the below automatic email from the FAA DRS (Dynamic Regulatory System).  As you can see, the email lists all kinds of engine makes and models including Lycomings, and to my self interest, the IO360A1A.  However, when I read the actual AD it looks like it only applies to Continentals!?

Looking for others more savvy reads of this AD to determine if this is something I need to address.

Link to the AD: https://drs.faa.gov/browse/excelExternalWindow/FR-ADFRAWD-2023-20445-0000000000.0001?modalOpened=true

IMG_0619.jpeg

Here’s the wording from the actual AD:

(c) Applicability

This AD applies to Continental Aerospace Technologies, Inc. (Continental) model engines equipped with an F&M Enterprises, Inc. (F&M) or a Stratus Tool Technologies, LLC (Stratus) oil filter adapter installed per Supplemental Type Certificate SE8409SW, SE09356SC, or SE10348SC.

So it only applies to engines with an F&M or a Stratus Tool oil filter adapter installed IAW those STC numbers.  It is extremely unlikely (if even possible) that you have one of those oil filter adapters, but you can certainly check through your 337 list to see if any of those STC numbers show up.  Those STCs probably aren’t even applicable to Mooneys.

• Like 2