M20K 231 POH?

Crawfish

Hello all!

I have had my offer accepted on a 1979 231, with a LB engine no intercooler or Merlyn. Would someone share a PDF of their POH and MX manual if they have it? I want to start studying the POH before we pick up the plane. (assuming I still like it after the prebuy)

I searched the downloads for both and could not find a 231 model one. Parts catalog yes, 252 mx manual yes but not the 231 POH. 

Thank you, 

Austin 

Edited by Crawfish
Clarity

33 minutes ago, Crawfish said:

Hello all!

I have had my offer accepted on a 1979 231, with a LB engine no intercooler or Merlyn. Would someone share a PDF of their POH and MX manual if they have it? I want to start studying the POH before we pick up the plane. (assuming I still like it after the prebuy)

I searched the downloads for both and could not find a 231 model one. Parts catalog yes, 252 mx manual yes but not the 231 POH. 

Thank you, 

Austin 

https://www.oesc-aero.at/downloads/POH_Mooney_M20K_OEKOG.pdf

41 minutes ago, Crawfish said:

Hello all!

Thank you, 

Austin 

The Parts Manual is in the Downloads Section here on MS 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Crawfish said:

Hello all!

Thank you, 

Austin 

You can download the Service Manual for free here.  https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1368102/Mooney-M20k.html#manual

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1980Mooney said:

You can download the Service Manual for free here.  https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1368102/Mooney-M20k.html#manual

@Crawfish   Also - The "manualslib" M20K Service and Maintenance Manual is the only one that I have seen that has the Electrical Schematics.  You find them in 7 "Envelopes" after Chapter 91-30.  You definitely want to download and save this one.

You will find all the mechanical parts in the Parts Catalogue.

You will find all the electrical parts in the back sections of the Service and Maintenance Manual. (Chapter 91)

As stated above you will find all the wiring and electrical schematics in the Service and Maintenance Manual after Chapter 91 - referenced to Serial Number of your plane.

@1980Mooney posted some great stuff! 

But the POH linked is for a 252 and there are many differences.  Specifically between the MB an LB engines.  Also, the 79 231's airspeed indicator came in mph instead of kts.  So referencing v-speeds you will have to multiply by 1.15.  Unless yours has been converted to kts.

Someplace online there is a 79 K POH in .pdf..  Unfortunately I don't know where but google should help you find one. 

231's are great airplanes!  Your going to love it.

Cheers,

Dan

4 hours ago, DanM20C said:

@1980Mooney posted some great stuff! 

But the POH linked is for a 252 and there are many differences.  Specifically between the MB an LB engines.  Also, the 79 231's airspeed indicator came in mph instead of kts.  So referencing v-speeds you will have to multiply by 1.15.  Unless yours has been converted to kts.

Someplace online there is a 79 K POH in .pdf..  Unfortunately I don't know where but google should help you find one. 

231's are great airplanes!  Your going to love it.

Cheers,

Dan

Sorry about that.  Unfortunately, I can't find a 231 POH anywhere online free now.  The old sites like Sparrow Flying Club, Delta Aviation, Monticello Flying Club, etc either no longer exist or no longer have a 231 and as a result took down their 231 POH pdf.

18 hours ago, Crawfish said:

Hello all!

Thank you, 

Austin 

You may find this reprinted AOPA PILOT review of the 1984 Mooney M20K 231 interesting (April 1984).

https://aeroresourcesinc.com/proj98-ci/WebContent/uploads/198404-1984 Mooney M20K 231.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2023 at 4:02 PM, Crawfish said:

Hello all!

Thank you, 

Austin MOONEY M20K POH.pdf

Here's a 231 POH.

• Like 2