EFIS Install

Neshi

On 9/8/2023 at 10:19 AM, Neshi said:

Looking for any reports from people driving a Dual GI-275 setup with an IFD 440 & a KFC150

From the research it works fine and costs about the same as an equivalent aspen setup.

See current panel.

image.jpeg.2fae2e51a38a1017652cdd62f72a8d78.jpeg

With what you have in your panel two, for the money spent, two GI-275s make the most sense.

They work with everything you have (including the Avidyne) and if someday the KFC150 needs to be replaced, the GI-275s will still run the Garmin autopilot. They also allow you to do the upgrade without tearing up the panel you have, possibly getting the airplane back in a couple weeks if you're using a shop that has experience with these. If your certified engine instruments need to be replaced a third GI-275 EIS would fit easily in one of your blank spots, even allowing you to use your existing JPI probes.

The main reason though that I like your logic on the upgrade is that it allows you to do it without spending a huge percentage of what the airplane is worth. Very seldom does an upgrade increase the value even half of the cost. I think this one will get you at least 75 cents on the dollar spent and increase your functionality by leaps and bounds, especially if your King gyros are starting flake out. This also allows you to get rid of some aging technology and maybe lose your vacuum pump(s) if you don't have speed brakes.

Thats what I was thinking. My only true concern was how did the gi275 play with the IFD 440 real world. (Its Garmin something must be missing/reserved for their own navigator) TBH as long as I get auto course adjustments, gpss and my flight director I would consider it complete.