Just completing annual  on 1965 M20E  and need to replace dust covers under (actually above) rear belly band. Flap torque tube extends left and right from this area and penetrates the dust cover. Existing cover(s) is fabric  taped in place with aluminum foil tape, duct tape and gaffers tape: A mess! Wing leveler vacuum tubes also protrude. I have no part numbers and don't know if this is official part or previous owner addition.  Anyone have a solution?  I have noticed that the existing covers are blown inward on both sides indicating air pressure from exterior.  This makes sense because with flaps deployed,  airflow at the root would be deflected in this direction.  I am thinking of making up covers with flexible poly plastic sheeting, leather, or fabric and cementing in place plus Velcro around hoses and flap torque tubes.

aeromancfi

Negative, this is aft-most fuselage belly cover for access to tail control rod linkages and flap linkage. I note fabric "rat socks"?? are installed on landing gear actuator rods up front, but they cover up a small 2 or 3 square inch opening.  The opening I am looking at is maybe 6 in by 8 in on each side. aeromancfi.( Not a mechanic, but Mooney flyer for 28 years)

• Like 1