TruTrak Autopilot Pre Order's / Status Update

Jeev

34 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

My decision to put in the G5's and a GFC500 in 2021 is looking better and better. Two years and 280+ hours with an autopilot after 560+ hours with no auto-pilot has been delightful. :)

What was the total cost of this install in 2021 Skates? 

Nav

18 hours ago, Navi said:

What was the total cost of this install in 2021 Skates? 

Nav

The GFC500 was quoted at $18,864 for a 3 servo (pitch/roll/trim) install, no YD. I don't remember the final but it came in a little under the quote.

The G5's were $2185 for the AI and $2995 for the HSI. I did the install myself with my IA's supervision so there was no labor cost other than my time. It was part of a panel overhaul that I also put in a PMA450B audio panel and GNC355. 

• 3 weeks later...

As I suggested last year, "Hope springs eternal."  But, as it turns out talk is cheap.  Honestly, who wants to trust their life to a thinly designed autopilot whose manufacturer can't seem to find the parts to assemble it, much less support it.  Ridiculous fantasy, or incompetent management at BK who could care less about the Mooney market.  Pick one.  Apologies for the negative comment, but the facts and circumstances speak for themselves.  

• 1 month later...

Looking at how BK handled the AeroFlight KI 300 emergency AD from August 2020 it is way to optimistic to expect any reasonable support for AeroCruze/TruTrak.  KI300 AD is still not resolved after 3 years, so the folks who have it are still flying with INOP sticker. I think there is market for permanent "INOP" stickers for BendixKing avionics!

• Like 1

Looking at how BK handled the AeroFlight KI 300 emergency AD from August 2020 it is way to optimistic to expect any reasonable support for AeroCruze/TruTrak.  KI300 AD is still not resolved after 3 years, so the folks who have it are still flying with INOP sticker. I think there is market for permanent "INOP" stickers for BendixKing avionics!

Does BK go to the SunNFun and Oshkosh? I would be asking them questions.

• 1 month later...

I saw on Facebook today where a Mooney owner had received his Trutrak today. I guess maybe there is some movement by Bendix King for the owners that might be willing to install one of their units that hadn’t given up and chosen an alternate option for an autopilot. Seems like too little too late

3 minutes ago, Planegary said:

I saw on Facebook today where a Mooney owner had received his Trutrak today. I guess maybe there is some movement by Bendix King for the owners that might be willing to install one of their units that hadn’t given up and chosen an alternate option for an autopilot. Seems like too little too late

Yessir, I got a shipment tracking number, and I know of 2 other that did also. It’ll be here Friday for my buddies plane. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in how this is going for folks now that a few units at least have been shipped/delivered.

Anyone get it installed yet? I have had my eye on one if they work well enough and start shipping. Half the price of a g500, so if it will hold alt and follow a GPS track well enough, I will be a lot happier on 3-4hr legs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My TT/AC has always worked well on our Warrior. Flies the plane well and is deadly accurate when coupled with a good navigator. 

We recently upgraded the software in our Aspen to 2.12, and now control HDG,BARO and ALT from the Aspen. 

A REALLY sweet combination!  

(IMHO anyway....! )    :)

Nav

• Like 4

Welp talked to Duncan yesterday, as I'm attempting a panel rebuild to skyview/ifd440 - TT would be a perfect mate. ANYway, for those of you who haven't ordered yet: they don't even have the parts for the people currently ON backorder. Was told "hopefully" a few months to fulfill just those, with no promises on new orders placed. Current backorders have been waiting for over a year, so the lead time on new orders is expected to be the same. 

Duncan also wants full payment up front to process the order, so you're basically handing them $8k to sit on your hands and hope for a year or more.

40 minutes ago, Shep.G said:

Duncan also wants full payment up front to process the order, so you're basically handing them $8k to sit on your hands and hope for a year or more.

Yeah, NO! I'm currently waiting for Dynon to get their AP approved for Mooneys, then will install a full Skyview system. Gave up on TruTrak about a year after BK bought it . . . .

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hank said:

Yeah, NO! I'm currently waiting for Dynon to get their AP approved for Mooneys, then will install a full Skyview system. Gave up on TruTrak about a year after BK bought it . . . .

Wouldn't bet on that either friend. Spoke with Advanced Flight Systems (Dynon's sister company) Monday, they don't even HAVE a timeline for their M20J. Better still, they're hoping the STC they achieve for the J covers other models (medium to short body). 

I might just try and beg somebody who's already got a TT unit ordered to purchase theirs, as I'm expediting this skyview plan.

14 minutes ago, Shep.G said:

Wouldn't bet on that either friend. Spoke with Advanced Flight Systems (Dynon's sister company) Monday, they don't even HAVE a timeline for their M20J. Better still, they're hoping the STC they achieve for the J covers other models (medium to short body). 

I might just try and beg somebody who's already got a TT unit ordered to purchase theirs, as I'm expediting this skyview plan.

True..

As one that has been following the "inexpensive AP option" since early 2017, the Dynon "wait" times have been and are much longer now than TT/AC approvals have ever been.  :(

Nav

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Ditto, not doing that either. I’ll continue honing my ‘hand flying’ skills a bit longer or go Garmin…

-Don