Insurance cost

I did not want to steal the other thread on the New York Times story, so I started this one.

I'm curious what rates others are paying for full coverage insurance on their planes?

My Comanche 400 with $150,000 full hull coverage and 1 M liability costs me $3200.

My RV4 with $65,000 full hull coverage and 1M liability costs me $2200.

Clarence

150,000 hull on my missile (J), 1M liability- costs me $1402.00 through Falcon

CFII, ~3700 hours, 350 in type

• 3 weeks later...

I just got renewal quotes this week. I'm low time PL around 170TT and 100 Mooney time.  I've previously only had 1M/100K coverage, but was very uncomfortable flying anyone other than a close family members around. Based on what others have said, I didn't think I would be able to get 1M smooth coverage but decided to ask about it anyway. The underwriter that I'm currently with was the only one who would quote the smooth coverage, but for the extra $300 I felt like it was worth the extra piece of mind should anything ever go wrong. The 100K sub limit would not even start to cover one of the accidents like a fellow MooneySpacer recently had.

Airpower/US specialty

68K hull 1M smooth= $1672

68K hull 1M/100K=$1343

I just got renewal quotes this week. I'm low time PL around 170TT and 100 Mooney time.  I've previously only had 1M/100K coverage, but was very uncomfortable flying anyone other than a close family members around. Based on what others have said, I didn't think I would be able to get 1M smooth coverage but decided to ask about it anyway. The underwriter that I'm currently with was the only one who would quote the smooth coverage, but for the extra $300 I felt like it was worth the extra piece of mind should anything ever go wrong. The 100K sub limit would not even start to cover one of the accidents like a fellow MooneySpacer recently had.

Airpower/US specialty

68K hull 1M smooth= $1672

68K hull 1M/100K=$1343

Please elaborate and define smooth?

I am unfamiliar with that term.

Most insurance policies that have a 1M limit also have a sub-limit that limits that coverage to 100K per passenger. Smooth coverage does not have this limit and the entire 1M is available to a single passenger claim if it is needed.

My Comanche 400 with $150,000 full hull coverage and 1 M liability costs me $3200.

My RV4 with $65,000 full hull coverage and 1M liability costs me $2200.

Clarence

I'm paying 3700 for 1M smooth + 230k hull motion/not-in-motion with COPA Gold (Magnes). This with 1000h in make/model, IR, flying about 300h per year.

Canada, eh!

150K Hull, $1M liability for $1,450 per year on an 86 252.  I now have close to 700 hours with 400 in the Mooney.  When I first bought the airplane I had a little over 200 hours and my premium was around $4,500 but it dropped quickly with an instrument rating and more time in type.  Seems stuck around what I am currently paying.

You would have to read your policy but generally if you have full coverage it will cover the cost of removal of course there are a couple of variations

1. Is the plane fixable?
  2. Or will they total the plane and give you a check for the hull coverage?

If it is 1 then you need to consider how much invasive work will need to be done to move it and you will need to coordinate that with the insurance company before moving it.

If it is 2 then you get your personal belongings out of the plane get your check from the insurance company and start looking for a new plane and do not worry about removal because it is the insurance company’s airplane at that point.

• Like 1

I guess it's worth a phone call! ;)  It's either that or I'm jumping on the next Boxcar to Atlanta! :lol:

So I did call Marsh in Montréal, and guess what Yves? Saved $400/yr for the same coverage!

So I called Eric, my AME, and had him install 2 brand new main tires... $400!

"Rien ne se crée, rien ne se perd..." ;-)

Merci

• Like 1

I pay 4600$ for 150K full hull coverage, I had about 140h when I bought it, insurance required 15h duo which I finished today, and then 10h solo before insuring passengers, this trough Charette Assurances wit Allianz, since COPA didn't even want to quote..

So I did call Marsh in Montréal, and guess what Yves? Saved $400/yr for the same coverage!

So I called Eric, my AME, and had him install 2 brand new main tires... $400!

"Rien ne se crée, rien ne se perd..." ;-)

Merci

Ça fait plaisir Pierre. I saved about the same last year when I went with them... after I checked a few other brokers.

Yves

Yves, is that Marsh from COPA ?

I do not think they are. Now that you can fly solo, let me know if you come near Gatineau / Ottawa. Le filet de doré est excellent au restaurant de l'aéroport de Gatineau.

Yves

I do not think they are. Now that you can fly solo, let me know if you come near Gatineau / Ottawa. Le filet de doré est excellent au restaurant de l'aéroport de Gatineau.

Yves

Avec Plaisir, je dois faire 10h solo, alors pourquoi pas, peut-être même ce fin de semaine !!!

As for the insurance brooker, is it possible to get their contact information, maybe I can get a better deal for next year.

Thanks !

Avec Plaisir, je dois faire 10h solo, alors pourquoi pas, peut-être même ce fin de semaine !!!

As for the insurance brooker, is it possible to get their contact information, maybe I can get a better deal for next year.

Thanks !

Comment faire les accent en Mooneyspace avec mon ordinateur?