Lasar taking deposits on no-back spring kits

FlyingScot

• FlyingScot changed the title to Lasar taking deposits on no-back spring kits

From LASAR website:

LASAR INC is pleased to return to market the crucial Eaton "no-back" clutch spring, as specified in Mooney SB M20-282. Initial quantities are limited with a manufacturing lead time of 32 weeks. To celebrate, we're offering this part at a reduced rate through the end of the year!  Full part price as of January 1, 2025 is $2995.00, but our current pricing is $2575.00 each.   Take advantage of the savings and secure your order by submitting your $1250.00 deposit today, the remaining balance of $1325.00 will be due when the part is ready to ship to you!

2 minutes ago, PT20J said:

From LASAR website:

LASAR INC is pleased to return to market the crucial Eaton "no-back" clutch spring, as specified in Mooney SB M20-282. Initial quantities are limited with a manufacturing lead time of 32 weeks. To celebrate, we're offering this part at a reduced rate through the end of the year!  Full part price as of January 1, 2025 is $2995.00, but our current pricing is $2575.00 each.   Take advantage of the savings and secure your order by submitting your $1250.00 deposit today, the remaining balance of $1325.00 will be due when the part is ready to ship to you!

Whoa

LASAR needs them if they are going to maintain their actuator overhaul capability. Maybe they are having to front a big setup charge. Or, maybe they are just marking them up a lot because they may be the only source. Or, maybe the factory will get a bunch from the order and other MSCs will be able to order with better prices. And, is the deposit refundable if the delivery slips by a lot? A lot of questions to answer before plunking down that much money.

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!  They've got some moxie to call this 'deal' good news!

In what world does a SINGLE piece of formed and tempered wire, in a lot size of 45, represent $115,875??? (And, that's at the 'bargain' introductory price!)

Sorry there is just NO way I can believe an implied set-up charge that expensive can be justified for such a simple part.  This is a 'bend over and take it' because we can price!

Glad I've got the Duke's actuator....can't wait to see LASER's price for the gears:o

• Like 2

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!  They've got some moxie to call this 'deal' good news!
In what world does a SINGLE piece of formed and tempered wire, in a lot size of 45, represent $115,875??? (And, that's at the 'bargain' introductory price!)
Sorry there is just NO way I can believe an implied set-up charge that expensive can be justified for such a simple part.  This is a 'bend over and take it' because we can price!
Glad I've got the Duke's actuator....can't wait to see LASER's price for the gears

Now I feel like I’m getting a screaming deal on my intake duct for only $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk