Cost of 100LL??

It varies wildly in the US, but nothing like that. At busier airports that deal in lots of traffic, $7-$8 a gallon is not uncommon. But there’s pockets of the country where AVGAS can be had for $4.50 a gallon. I filled up last week for $4.65 a gallon…which is tolerable.

When I’m on long cross countries, I do look for gas under $5.50. That’s kind of my fence line for price. I won’t fly out of my way for cheap gas unless it’s a handful of minutes that saves me $50. 

4 hours ago, GeneralT001 said:

I live in Newfoundland and the cost of a liter of 100LL at St Johns airport is $3.79/lt...that works out to about $14 Cdn per gallon?? Thats nuts!!

Are things better in the good ole US of A??

You live in St. John’s Newfoundland???

We bought a plane and flew it back from the Deer Lake area to Winnipeg in May this year. We thought the fuel was insane on the island as well, but I guess you don't have a lot of options! Recently in the US we were getting about $4.90 per gallon at the lowest, that was in KS and SD. In Winnipeg the smaller airports are about $2.10 per litre, up to closer to $2.75 at St Andrews and Winnipeg.

9 hours ago, Elijah said:

That's crazy and a real shame. $5 to $6 is probably average here in the US. The price difference is nearly all tax - are you saying you're not getting good value from that additional $8/gal? :)

As long as they don’t dent my nose wheel, which I protect dearly. 

• Haha 1