Let’s hear those panel thoughts on my M20F

25 minutes ago, Bryan G said:

Final product, couldn’t be happier! A couple minor “bugs” to sort out but it’s very easy to read and use.

The discrete GPSS switch was a great call. 

9B861470-09E3-4F18-8531-B9E7A382645C.jpeg

Yeah that looks really nice!  Clean, great engine monitor position and data, etc.  good choice on the audio panel too! Is radio 2 easy enough to reach?  That’s the one thing with our panels, you run out of vertical space quickly.  I’ve thought about putting my transponder where yours is when I upgrade my autopilot to a gfc500 since it has a control panel - i want that in my center stack.  You rarely need to touch the transponder.

• 4 months later...

Hello all.

I'm thinking about tidying up the panel and thinking EDM's etc. I'm gathering information and going around in circles. 

Does anybody have a square instrument cluster as shown in Bryan G's original panel for sale?

Bryan G, or anybody else have a template for the M20F model dash they could email me?

Many thanks,

Denis.

All nice panels but I wanted all new so I didn't have to deal with 50 year old mechanical gages. ''But then I'm day VFR now by choice   The KISS formula now a days. 

All one would have to do is install a stand alone GPS and go IFR

Center panel can be modified easily if so desired

The right side only has my wife's IflyGPS tablet for her to play with on trips

New Panel Pcture in flight.jpg

Edited by cliffy
add
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 2:35 PM, Bryan G said:

Final product, couldn’t be happier! A couple minor “bugs” to sort out but it’s very easy to read and use.

Where's the GNS430 CDI glide slope display?  Is that embedded in the lower GI275 (HSI)?  Not sure I could let go of my dual old school dedicated CDIs.  

if trying to stay under 15k, i'd go with 2 gi-275s or 2 g5s.

maybe add a fs210 to sync with the ipad

you already have the gmx200 as a large display.

650/avidyne/750 isn't going to get you much more than the 430w.   they are an upgrade but with 90% of the capability why spend the cash.

if you have more budget, add a gtx-375 to replace your transponder.  I'm thinking redundant gps, most of the capabilites of the 650/750/avidyne and really importantly the adsb-in

On 6/27/2023 at 6:45 AM, DCarlton said:

Where's the GNS430 CDI glide slope display?  Is that embedded in the lower GI275 (HSI)?  Not sure I could let go of my dual old school dedicated CDIs.  

The 430 and the SL30 display glide slope on both the ADI and the HSI, it’s incredibly easy to shoot approaches. 

7E5FAD83-F0A1-4E46-91ED-2C2F0E574512.jpeg

• Like 1

At the moment I am redoing my panel of my European based 67 M20F, too.

I will go for 2 G5s, EDM 930 and a new audio panel . Also I will use the Fast Stack hub for wiring. Tim Hass from Approach fast stack is great to work with.

At the moment it is looking like this ,,,:(

IMG_20230630_130702.jpg.bcc561ffe15ca5b41814fcc0a4e5a65c.jpg

I will send pics before and after when we are finished.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, Bryan G said:

Looks great! I’m loving the setup. I added a glovebox that holds cell phones and notepads too.

IMG_3866.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marc GER said:

At the moment I am redoing my panel of my European based 67 M20F, too.

I will go for 2 G5s, EDM 930 and a new audio panel . Also I will use the Fast Stack hub for wiring. Tim Hass from Approach fast stack is great to work with.

At the moment it is looking like this ,,,:(

IMG_20230630_130702.jpg.bcc561ffe15ca5b41814fcc0a4e5a65c.jpg

I will send pics before and after when we are finished.

I have a similar setup on my M20E. Panel picture reference for inspiration if you need any ideas :)

image.jpeg.379cd4c67c4aec0d940b58808f221225.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks great guys. 

TheAv8r, would you be able to email me the pdf of the dash? When I did my C180 dash I would get emails and go to the local printing shop with the file and print them off. 

Any pics of how the radio racks were attached from behind? I like the way it's all one sheet as I would like to get rid of the quadrant for the M20F T/P/M.

For the guys that redo the dash, along with the windshield, how do you space/brace the top of the windshield?

This of  course assumes that the structure on the pug windshield gets removed. 

Any pics?

PS. I tried to search up the Lasar Windshield mod but with no joy. My searches seem to have limited success on MooneySpace. Any suggestions?

On 6/30/2023 at 8:59 PM, TheAv8r said:

I have a similar setup on my M20E. Panel picture reference for inspiration if you need any ideas :)

image.jpeg.379cd4c67c4aec0d940b58808f221225.jpeg

Thanks a lot. I have almost the same idea about the layout. Congrats, very nice panel you have in your E. 

• Thanks 1