Happy Thanksgiving to Mooneyspace

Stephen

Thank you all for the well wishes. Things were going just fine until the nerve block evaporated about 1 am, which is when my crying wife woke me up. I knew it was rebound pain, at least that’s what I think it’s called.  She was in near panic from the pain, but I was able to get her calmed down and appropriately medicated. Still, read jokes off the internet for an hour to calm her down.  Repeat about 6:00 am, and for the first time in my long(ish) life I brewed coffee. Vile stuff, but Mrs. Steingar likes it. More like she demands it, but you all know what I mean.

Things seem to be stabilizing. She’s still in a lot of pain but it’s getting better. Sunday I schlep her up to Michigan to stay with her pal up there. I suck at nurse aiding and there really isn’t a lot to do here. Her friend Emma has an Alpaca farm, textile mill, four dogs and a couple birds. More to do than here, and a lot more company than me at work.

If my luck holds she may even get an outing tomorrow. We’ll see. Now it’s time for a Thanksgiving dinner that can be eaten one handed.

• Like 3