Would a Mooney fly in, In AK work?

67M20F

Before I fly all the way to AK ( which is further than Arkansas,AR,AK ,my mistake ) , do you mean you can get me a tailwheel installed on my Mooney? Im not kidding because I'm sure that extraordinary pilots require extraordinary A&Ps who can do anything. If my Mooney just had a tailwheel , I could convince myself that I was flying an affordable P51 Mustang. If you could get me a tailwheel on My Mooney why can't you get them to put it on floats, I bet an amphib Mooney would be worth its' weight in gold in Alaska. It would still be faster than a Cessna with those tundra tires.

Would any of these mods become illegal upon returning to the lower 48?

If you mean that you could arrange a taillwheel endorsement , I would fly there if you could just have the Tweto girls fawn over me like they do the young ,bold pilots? What should I bring for the potlatch? I know to bring duct tape for the A&Ps.

Squirrel Squirrel Squirrel,

You finally got yourself out of the doghouse for having purchased a new plane, and now you want to get some time with Ariel Tweeto? You do live dangerously, don't you?!

(And besides, I would guess there's a pretty long line of dudes ahead of you in the Ariel fan club.)

Quote: sleepingsquirrel

Before I fly all the way to AK ( which is further than Arkansas,AR,AK ,my mistake ) , do you mean you can get me a tailwheel installed on my Mooney? Im not kidding because I'm sure that extraordinary pilots require extraordinary A&Ps who can do anything. If my Mooney just had a tailwheel , I could convince myself that I was flying an affordable P51 Mustang. If you could get me a tailwheel on My Mooney why can't you get them to put it on floats, I bet an amphib Mooney would be worth its' weight in gold in Alaska. It would still be faster than a Cessna with those tundra tires.

Would any of these mods become illegal upon returning to the lower 48?

If you mean that you could arrange a taillwheel endorsement , I would fly there if you could just have the Tweto girls fawn over me like they do the young ,bold pilots? What should I bring for the potlatch? I know to bring duct tape for the A&Ps.

Hey 67m20f...We are planning an alaska trip up the inside passage this summer.Last time we went up in a amphib Husky...loads of fun but took too long,so this summer we are going to take advantage of 190kt cruise instead of 90kt cruise.The problem is it will only land in water once..kpc

I'm planning a trip summer 2012 to AK.  I'm flying to Las Vegas to pick up my father and then we'll head from there to AK. We'll fly non-stop from Bellingham, WA, along the inside passage to Ketchikan.  Then on to Juneau, Soldotna and Kodiak.  I've never flown myself to AK (I've driven a few times) so if anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated!

Austin..my first thought that you will probably be IFR to ketchikan...I  donot recomend nonstop from Bellingham.Port hardy on the northern tip of vancouver island will give you a leg up regarding fuel reserves.I know ,with eapis /customs notifications using canadian airports on the way up is a hassle but Ketchikan and especially Juneau frequently go below minimums leaving you with few legal alternates.Of course you can just wait for vfr day..I have done it both ways...the vfr method backfired on me once..kp couch

• 2 weeks later...