G530W Stuck in VLOC

Loogie

Gents, any Garmin wizards out ther?  I can't get my G530W to switch from VLOC back to GPS.   The CDI button will not switch it.  I shot an ILS this afternoon and on the return flight it never went back to GPS.  Any ideas on how to get it back to GPS?  Is there a global reset?  Could the button be stuck?

Lance, thanks, I will give their technique a try. Need to warm up my finger to press that thing 100 times!  Will see if it works!  Hopefully it does.  I don't use that switch that much.  It was IFR today at KROA so had to use it, normally I dont...

Update: I followed the advise and worked that switch 100 times before cranking up. After powering up the 530W it started in VLOC, I pressed the CDI switch and voila it worked, switched back to GPS!  

Lesson learned, actuate all the switches you don't use on that Garmin every now and then so they don't get stuck.  

thanks guys!

• Like 1

Update: I followed the advise and worked that switch 100 times before cranking up. After powering up the 530W it started in VLOC, I pressed the CDI switch and voila it worked, switched back to GPS!  

Lesson learned, actuate all the switches you don't use on that Garmin every now and then so they don't get stuck.  

thanks guys!

Or get a touchscreen model like my 650, and you don't need to worry about as many buttons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Or get a touchscreen model like my 650, and you don't need to worry about as many buttons. emoji3.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like my toys with a lot less "surface" area and better tactile buttons then large flat surfaces Marauder...just saying:)