Foreflight. Bumping the map in flight

RobertGary1

No but you can always press the button that centers on your current location again.  Do you show your location on your flight(i.e. does your iPad have an internal GPS, do you use stratus or some other kind of external GPS)?  Its the circle with the target over it in the top right corner.

I'm just using the internal gps. It's pretty good, I've never had a problem with the signal. I always planned to get an external gps but never found the need.

Then all you do is press that circle with he targeting arrows in it on the top right of the screen.  It will center every time.

Go into Settings and set the "Auto Center Deactivate" to "Manual". That's the lock you're looking for - You'll have to tap the Center button again to turn centering off to be able to pan with your finger, but you'll never accidentally pan. You can still pinch-zoom in this mode.

I have it set to Automatic (and that's the default) because the number of times I've ever bumped it unintentionally in flight I can count on one hand, and it's easy enough to re-center by hitting the Center (target) button, while I will pan to look at things ahead on nearly every flight.

But, that's why there's a setting for it, so we can both be happy. :)