BBQ at Lake aero

bonal

Well there was an OK turn out for the LASAR BBQ yesterday and for the first time in a while the ramp was close to full added in part by some non Mooney arrivals that flew in for the splash in on the lake. Fridays weather was real unstable with large build ups producing heavy showers and some hail. Met some fellow Mooniac's including the owners of the 2 remaining unconverted D models. Every one seemed to enjoy the gathering and I would like to thank Paul and Shery for their hospitality.

There were around a dozen or so Mooney's that made the trip.

Photos to follow.post-11990-0-94422400-1411957276_thumb.jpost-11990-0-32448400-1411957301_thumb.jpost-11990-0-00022300-1411957332_thumb.jpost-11990-0-44455500-1411957375_thumb.jpost-11990-0-39222100-1411957423_thumb.j

The story I heard was he veered off the runway applied the brakes too hard and put the nose down all 3 blades were shattered on the wooded prop with some minor damage to the cowling. Based on the weather it could have been a cross wind condition, Sorry you did not make it Dave it was a nice turn out.

The story I heard was he veered off the runway applied the brakes too hard and put the nose down all 3 blades were shattered on the wooded prop with some minor damage to the cowling. Based on the weather it could have been a cross wind condition, Sorry you did not make it Dave it was a nice turn out.

That's pretty much it.  It was all very slow - he floated down the runway a little (at what looked like ~20 kts), touched down, veered back and forth a bit, and apparently overdid the brakes.  Prop blades (at least 2 of the 3) looked pretty munched, but I couldn't tell if they were wood or metal from the distance we saw it.

There really wasn't much wind.  At most a few knots of crosswind but not particularly challenging.

Yes I did its also in the middle of the second groupof pics. Looks real nice and I think they have it listed in their web site planes for sale. I;m sure they wont mind you asking some questions even if its a ways off in your future. The sooner you start to look the smarter you will be when it comes time to purchase, best of luck to you