1970 C Quadrant Cover

It's an expensive piece of plastic, but cheap in aircraft terms. I may do this soon, too, because the end broke off of mine. I just am not looking forward to removing the knobs from the levers to get the old one off.

Let me know how it goes for you. If it's not too bad, I'll follow suit.

A friend needed one and paid over a hundred bucks for it. I KNOW I could've made that piece out of misc plastic......of course only if it were experimental.

We are allowed to do owner-produced parts for our vintage birds. If you find someone willing to make them, we can each send in our "owner specifications" and get a bulk price, but only if it's lower than LASAR's quote.

i just did one.....found three..   plane plastics sells the three pieces separately and get about $136.   I only needed top piece .    dawson in Arkansas has a used one for $40.  laser had one which he said was the one piece for 140.   plane plastics was at Oshkosh so ordered from laser.  for 140 I got the top part which goes new for less than a hundred at plane plastics. it was from plane plastics or Vantage but not in their catalog..you have to send them an old one to "repair".

Hey Scott,

That would be great! This isn't my plane, I found it on google, but it does have the same type and color of quadrant cover that I'm looking for. 

1970m20f-1.png

Plane Plastics has this cover but you will have to send in your's in order for them to produce you a "owner produced" part.

It's different than mine too. 3uve8uma.jpg Is your Mooney a '77 J?

Yeah, mine is a '77 J, and I remember flying a '75 F with the pistol-grip throttle and nice flap switch with the easy detents.  I prefer that to the modern switch that you have to hold down, actually.

Oscar, PM me if you want to buy my cover.  it is now surplus to my needs since I'm converting to push-pull controls.  I have other console pieces too if you want spares.  :)

Talked to Plane Plastics today at the recommendation of you all. You're right. $69 and the process is simple.

a) Take a picture of your part and send it over beforehand so they can see exactly what you're looking for

b ) Send the part in so they can "remake" it

c) They send the part (and your old one) back in less than 3-5 days

Hopefully that helps anyone else looking to do the same! Sorry it took me a week to call. 

• Like 2