Texas Mooney Caravan Formation Flying Clinic

bucko

Greetings Mooney Enthusiasts,

The Mooney Caravan organization is actively seeking participants for this year's Caravan to Oshkosh. To this end, a number of Formation Flying clinics are being organized around the country. If you are located in the Texas area, and have interest in going to Oshkosh in style or just want to have some local fun with formation flying, please join us for the weekend of June 20th to 23rd at KHYI in San Marcos, TX. 

This event will provide an environment for you to learn basic formation flying skills. Since you are already a competent and experienced Mooney pilot, you have little to learn. I'm sure you will find that formation flying enhances flying skills as well as flying camaraderie.

The deadline for sign up for this event is June 10th, 2014, so if you have any interest, reach out now and let me know.

You can find more information about formation training on the Caravan website at 

https://sites.google...neycaravan/home

Tailwinds and high speeds;

Bucko Strehlow

M20-E

(210) 887-0144

bucko.strehlow@gmail.com

<With thanks to Sled, who's post I used to format this one.>

• 1 month later...

Wow!  What a great time in San Marcus with the Mooney Caravan Formation Flying Clinic.  The training, instruction and coaching was first rate all the way.  I'll give a special shout out and thanks to the Safety Pilots who flew with me, Joker, Lois, and Pops.  All three of them are first rate pilots and great guys to fly with.  I expected to learn, but I learned much more than I expected.  I'm super excited to join the Caravan.  And am looking forward to catching up with everyone in Sioux Falls, SD.

I'll add for those of you who haven't flown with this group or done any formation flying, you don't know what you're missing.  I can promise you that you've never had this much fun in the practice area.  Join us at an upcoming clinic and you can thank me later.

Finally, thanks to Bucko for organizing a great event for the Texas Wing of the Mooney Caravan.  The execution was flawless and a great time was had by all.

• Like 2