Aviation related jobs...

carusoam

I don't think there can be any question that Texas is the cheapest place to live, work, own and fly an airplane.  We have the cheapest housing, lowest taxes, cheapest 100LL ($4.39 at KRFI today), and plenty of jobs.  Now if you come to Austin, forget everything I said about cheap housing.  But the rest is all true.  There is an empty hanger next to mine at 84R just East of Austin that can be all yours for $225/month.

I'm a dev manager doing web and mobile development. I bet the fact that they are looking for pilots to work on their software means that they will pay below market. This is what the game companies do. They rely on kids with their enthusiasm for gaming to work for half of what they are worth. I'd love to work on aviation related projects but I would most likely have to take a pay cut that would preclude me from flying.

Ryoder,

There is a chain of different aviation related jobs in this thread. The most recent is for a professor for an aviation school or something like that...

Whenever I get a job posting, I send a copy here in case somebody can make an opportunity out if it...

Best regards,

-a-

I'm a dev manager doing web and mobile development. I bet the fact that they are looking for pilots to work on their software means that they will pay below market. This is what the game companies do. They rely on kids with their enthusiasm for gaming to work for half of what they are worth. I'd love to work on aviation related projects but I would most likely have to take a pay cut that would preclude me from flying.

I agree with you. I am in software too. Many people ask me why I do not get a job in aviation... I always tell them that this would mean taking a cut...

Owning and flying an aircraft is expensive...

Yves

• Like 1

• 7 years later...