MSC in/near Ohio

Jsavage3

The only listed MSC for or near Ohio is G-Force Aviation in North Canton, Ohio.  Has anyone had any dealings with these folks that they would care to share?  I'm considering them for an annual for my J model.

FYI -- Since I bought this Mooney a little over 3 years ago, I've always had Norman Aviation of Zanesville, Ohio do all my maintenance (and with great results, I might add), but I'm considering the idea of a "different set of eyes" this year and then I plan to go back to Norman Aviation again for 2 or 3 years following this year's annual.

Any feedback about G-force Aviation would be greatly appreciated!

Any other Mooney maintenance locations in or near Ohio that anyone would care to recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Muncie Aviation at KMIE is a Mooney service center. I use them for annuals and avionics. They do quality work.

I have been also using Muncie Aviation.  In addition to excellent mechanical service, they also have a first-rate radio shop.  They are very customer service oriented.

I'll second Parker's thoughts. G-Force did my pre-buy and had done a few of the annuals on my E for the previous owner. I know it's not a good idea to use the prior owner's shop, but they were straight shooters and gave me a very independent opinion of deficiencies the plane had or might need. I spoke with them several times on the phone during the buying process. When I had questions on some of the scanned log entries they were quick to come to the phone pull the log entry up and remembered pretty much every detail. The name of the tech that worked on my plane is named "Midd". I would use them again if they were closer. I've had the plane about a year and half and zero problems.

I got a quote today via telephone from G-Force -- $2360 is the flat-rate price for the annual on a J-model and this quote does not account for any repair work (obviously) nor does it cover oil & filter.  I was a bit shocked to say the least.  A couple of years ago, they quoted me around $1800 for the same bird...

What is the "going price" these days for an annual inspection?

My annual costs 2k for a E with no problems and they are not a MSC, but they are a very good shop, good documentation and within 15 minute drop off drive from home. I plan to alternate every other year from the local guy to a MSC. I will use a MSC next year. There are cheaper shops in the area..as low as $700, but out of all the money I spend on gadgets, cosmetic stuff etc the last place I want to skimp on is a thorough annual.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have my plane at g force for annual right now, actually. I like then for mechanical work. I do not like them for avionics work (technically a different company but the same hangar.) It is a nice shop, and I am sure their costs aren't as low as someone at a more out-of-the way airport. Plus, they'll let you wrench on things while its there if you are so inclined. What good is a cheap annual if stuff doesn't get caught?

• 11 months later...

Has anyone here had any Mooney maintenance dealings with Ohio Valley Flight Services in Wheeling, WV?

I am considering them for the annual on my J and would surely appreciate any feedback on this MSC.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Well, I went with Safe Skies in Middletown, OH (MWO) with Kurt Yearout...and with outstanding results!  His base price was a little over $1400 for the inspection.  Based on things they found and things I wanted tweaked, it ended up being nearly four times that, but my Mooney is in better shape than she has been in years!  They gave my bird the inspection I desired for the airplane I fly my family in.  Top notch, thorough and easy to work with would be the adjectives I'd choose to describe my experience with Safe Skies.

I will certainly go back and I'd recommend them to anyone that asked. 

• 1 year later...