Pilots 'n' Paws Contact Info

Hank

I have recently met someone involved in dog rescue who had not heard of PNP when I mentioned it.

How can they contact the organization to request a flight? I see sporadic requests for pilots to make a flight, but never about how a rescuer initiates a flight.

Any information that I can pass on will be great. Thanks, ya'll!

PnP is much less formal than Angel Flight as far as organization goes.  Requesters have to do much more of the legwork, filing for flight opportunities on the forum and then negotiating with responders to try to put the whole thing together.

PnP is much less formal than Angel Flight as far as organization goes. Requesters have to do much more of the legwork, filing for flight opportunities on the forum and then negotiating with responders to try to put the whole thing together.

It is a lot of work and you can get stuck when the chain gets broke. That is why I have a houseful of dogs :)

The life of Reilly... What a bum

Posted Image

Sent using Tapatalk

That's classic. I almost made it home with a spare dog myself one time. I was transporting a litter of 9 puppies (few weeks old) with their mother, and one of them escaped out of the basket and was hiding under the back seat.  I had two people count the puppies before I turned them over to the next pilot and we both saw 9, because that's what our brain wanted to see I guess. Luckily as I was cleaning up before the flight home I found the stowaway and was able to get him to the other pilot before they took off. Last thing in the world I need is a new Lab puppy chewing his way through my house...been there done that!

Som

PnP is much less formal than Angel Flight as far as organization goes.  Requesters have to do much more of the legwork, filing for flight opportunities on the forum and then negotiating with responders to try to put the whole thing together.

Many requestors have no idea how far we can go or how many legs it takes.. You can go online and see requests like Dallas to Seattle. Good luck getting that in one flight. When I see some requestors that are local, I try to help by splitting the flight up into 2 hr legs and they seem to fill quicker. A dog can get from NC to Maine in on day with proper planning. I've done it since 2005 or6.

BILL

• 3 weeks later...

Uh oh - I just volunteered to transport 10 puppy chihuahuas.  Hah!  The posting was from KPTD - my home airport - I never saw a posting from my sleepy little airport before - and to Albany.  I think ten puppy chihuahuas will fit back there - don't you?  Anyboy have any idea how many large crates it would take to fit 10 puppy chihuahuas?!  I am guessing two..or three?!