66 mooney m20e for sale whole or parts all cheap

Mooneymechanic

very nice mooney over 120k to build it, i have been unable to sell it whole ( has a damage history but repaired and flys great) so will sell in parts

spec sheet bellow, or may sell at reduced price sans radios and auto pilot, and or take part trades. 210-379-1567

1966 Mooney m20 N3379x

2520 tt. Will change as it's being flown

Engine 96 smoh, will change as it's being flown

Paint9/10

Interior new leather with cloth inserts,

Glass new,

Tires new

New stainless Brake discs

New battery,

New oil lines,

New fuel lines,

New scat hoses,

New style insulation kit,

Lightweight starter,

Alternator conversion,

Solid state voltage regulator,

Engine 90 smoh at white wing aircraft with factory new crankshaft,

Prop 5 soh with new no AD prop installed fall 2011

Speed mods,

201 windshield

201 cowl closure

Flap gap seals,

Aileron gap seals,

Brake rotation,

Elevator Hinge covers,

Rudder hinge covers,

Laser Aileron link update , no more recurring ADs

New b style prop hub , no more recurring ADs

Engine mount mod done , no more recurring ADs

Updated style Nose gear with limit stops ,

Pre wired for avionics trays already installed

Garmin 340

Garmin530

Garmin 250

Garmin 327

Garmin g/s

Auto pilot

Stec 30 with altitude hold,

Coupled to 530 & 250

Jpi fuel flow anyliser ,

Digital engine egt anyliser , gami injectors on engine

Davtron clock,

Strobes,

$75000

Delete ReplyReply ForwardSpamMovePrint Actions NextPrevious

post-8611-0-34744400-1347547359_thumb.jp

post-8611-0-46928700-1347547468_thumb.jp

post-8611-0-07543700-1347547484_thumb.jp

That's interesting I don't think I have met you, I have owned the aircraft for a year and a half and it has gone through substantial upgrades paint interior new prop ect, if you have something to say about my plane positive or negative you are welcome to post it you dont have to hide behind pm me , as long as it is true you will not have a problem with me,

Selling because I have two planes and only need one and the other one caries more and goes faster , the reason for parting it is Can't seem to find a buyer at 70k so my best way to get the most out of it looks like to part it out , both wings were extensively repaired out board of the gear due to a previous owner about 10 years back taxying over street signs at an airpark, the outer three skins on both sides were replaced along with ribs , full engineering report was done and is on file with FAA, it is a good flying one and does 160kts at 7500.

Decided today to remove all radios and auto pilot to put in my other plane , 43k cash can fly it home without the radios

Originally this owner was selling this aircraft less the avionics. The original price was about 40K so when I saw the advertisment I went to take a look at it. The wings from subspar out to tips are completely "rebuilt". I stopped looking at the aircraft after that. I cannot comment on the engine and prop. One wing side, I dont remember the left side or right side, to me the repairs are sub standard. To me, the paperwork did not document the repairs very well.

I am not hiding behind PM. Since you are new to our forums I will explain. We all offer to discuss aircraft that we know, and we do not "flame" anyone in the forums. If you think I am hiding you are mistaked. To me, your advertisments and pictures are seriously misleading and I took a hour and a half drive to see your aircraft only to leave after 10 minutes in your hanger. This is a serious website with serious Mooney owners and enthusiests.

At the time I saw this aircraft I would not have flown in it unless it was taken apart, put on a trailer to Dugosh, and have Steve rebuild the wing or replace the wing. I would suggest any buyer who is interested to have a prebuy completed at Dugosh or Don Maxwell's.

Here is the advertisment from Barnstormers.

CLEANING OUT THE HANGAR • $43000 flys it home today. ,66 m20e in annual , 2560 tt, only 100 hours on $27000 engine overhaul including new crank, 5 hrs on no AD prop 20k worth of 201 speed mods, tanks resealed less than 100 hrs ago new tires and brake discs, all new fuel and oil lines, nice paint, new leather and cloth interior, updated panel . gami injectors, the closest thing to a brand new mooney m20e available would cost over $100k to build , king audio panel and Mac 1700 included but not installed, It needs to go away my loss your gain only $43000 don't miss out it's STUPID cheap • Contact Trevor S. Smith, Owner - located Lavernia, TX USA • Telephone: 210

You have a great day,

Richard

When I was shopping, this plane was for sale. I called about it, but never actually saw it. It is well known in the Texas Mooney community and I was advised to skip it by knowledgable folks. I heard the stories and empathisise with the owner. It's a tough situation. Parting out is the best option at this point and coming here, posting to help get the parts sold is perfectly legit. I'm not sure if the STCs on the mods are transferable or not. There are probably plenty of good usable parts here.

That's odd It has a complete engineering report from an independant company that says its fine ( clearly that shows you have not actually looked at the paperwork), and the FAA have looked at it and said it's fine , sounds to me like you have some kind of axe to grind , best be careful when you malign it gets expensive.

I could be wrong in how i remember details here but it seems to me i only remember one person coming to look at this aircraft since I put it up for sale before it was finished I think he was a seat belt salesman or something and if remember corectley he wanted the plane for a lowball offer and got really upset when I would not take it ,

You don't sell seat belts do you

If that is you my hats off to you on your x ray vision to see inside the wings and determine with your expert opinion that they are not right without ever pulling a cover.

Also There is something fishy about your coments and I am not sure the connection yet but It feels like from my perspective you have something to do with the shop the previous owner was using who seemed to me to be getting mighty upset when the airplane left almost like they had lost the goose that laid golden eggs,

they were apparently so upset that even though they had been maintaining the aircraft up to the date it left they called the FAA on it and told them it was not airworthy , the FAA turned up to look at the aircraft at Swta (the other shop on the field where I had taken it to get it flying) swta are a long time mooney service centre and one of the best in the mooney field and the people that saw the original wing repair had not been done properly and caused the restoration that generated the wing repair that it has now with the engineering report , the faa guy comes to look at the airplane and looks at the logbooks and sent me on my way, hmmm,

So in conclusion I have paperwork to back all of what I said up and have found it to be a nice flying fast airplane that will bring me the right amount of money in parts(maybe more than together) if people should be so foolish as to think mooney are the only people capable of riveting parts to a mooney,

I have nothing to hide and clearly declared it had a damage history in my very first post

What do you have besides xray vision and a passion for opening yourself up to getting sued.

In closing it is a nice looking airplane with a repair history lots of speed mods and nice interior and low time engine and prop for someone who would rather fly than gossip but your always going to have people bad mouthing it to justify their point whenever they can, if you can live with that its worth a 20k savings to you that you can put in avgas then it's the one for you, or like I said parts I got lots of em. Nice low time engine and prop anyone.

Wish I could keep both planes but I cannot.

Regards

You have a very nice memory, although your story is not quite right. I never made you an offer on that aircraft, and if I had, it would have been up to Dugosh or Don Maxwell for a prebuy.

As I stated in my comments, TO ME, the wing repair was substandard. I also told you even the two repairs were different and I commented that it looked like a monkey had repaired the one wing and a good mechanic the other, or the same mechanic did the work but was hung over on the second job. I took a cursery look at the paperwork and again TO ME, the paperwork failed to document the repairs well enough to satisfy ME.

So right guy, wrong story. I dont take the time to look at many aircraft to purchase, but I was in the hunt for a 1966 M20E. That is why I came to look at yours.

And yes, I sell seatbelts, and I am also an A&P mechanic and a pilot and close and personal friends with many people in the Mooney community. I have worked on Mooney aircraft for long enough to see what was going on with that wing, and although I do not have x-ray eyes (your comments) I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night. I never professed to being a sheetmetal guru, but I do have a full set of sheetmetal tools in my box, and they are oiled and ready to go. What I saw was enough to make me pause and take a second and third look. My AIrframe AND Powerplant certification from the FAA gives me the right to say what I damm well please about any aircraft that I have personally looked at. If that aircraft had been in a shop that I was working in, you would have been lucky to get it out of there with a ferry permit. Are we communicating now Mr Mooney Mechanic?

Also Mr. Mooneymechanic, spending about 30 hours on the line at the Mooney factory building wings has given me some insight as to what they look like on the outside, as well as the inside. Also spending about, oh, a year working at the Factory Service Center, doing crash damage repair, avionics and electrical wiring in the wings, and test and development gives me a better insight than your average seatbelt sales guy.

Good Luck on your sale. I never said you had anything to hide. I can and will comment in this public or private forum anything I please. By joining this forum and posting your aircraft here you opened yourself up for comment.

Those who know me, know I never ever get upset when it comes to aircraft.

Now you go ahead and have your self a great day.

Well to start with if you look in the upper left corner of the picture on my mooney ad on barnstormers you will see the security camera in the hangar that you were on the day you came by,

While my memory may not be perfect the security system sure don't forget,

I reveiwed the disc with my wife a week or so later from when you were here as i could not find some paperwork on the and had suspected you might have wandered off with it but did not know your name, anyway she commented on how much you bad mouthed russel at Swta

I decided not to bother giving russel a copy of the disc because I am sure it would have infuriated him and done no one any great benefit it the long run,

I am among other things am also an a&p , and a commercial pilot, and a canadian aircraft engineer , and have worked on mooney aircraft restorations for 12 yrs I however do not believe any of those things give me the right to shoot my mouth off especially about someone else's plane that I don't know all the facts on.

Also the expert that you would have taken the plane to don maxwell to defer to his superior judgment over yours already looked at the plane in 2010 and actually worked on it specificly the wings after the wing repairs AND signed it off in the log books,( hmmm so let's revue the FAA and don maxwell and swta were happy enough to let it fly away and a Canadian aircraft engineer and commercial pilot was happy enough to agree to jump in it and fly it to Yellowknife Canada and back last month) but in your expert opinion it won't make it from san Antonio to longveiw as it will fall out of the sky . by default your credibility on your judgement weather it is safe to fly is looking pretty week Especially as you said yourself would have taken it to someone to do the pre buy showing you yourself are not confident in your own skills hmmm

Clearly you have an agenda, and unfortunately in the battle of wits you appear like an unarmed man so i will not waste my time with you any more unless you insist on going any further with the misleading comments about me or my aircraft then it will be dealt with appropriately

And to the rest of the people on the site enjoying the back and forth as much as i am, the 530 is sold and the auto pilot may be spoken for as well , but the rest of the plane is still for sale parts or whole

Also the expert that you would have taken the plane to don maxwell to defer to his superior judgment over yours already looked at the plane in 2010 and actually worked on it specificly the wings after the wing repairs AND signed it off in the log books.

Just to be clear, we worked on fuel tank leaks in both wings and signed off on that repair.

Don

• 2 months later...

Looks like the quick sell items have been removed and the rest is being passed off as an unfinished project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ue#ht_522wt_948

Wow. The buy it now price is $25K! At $12.5k the reserve still isn't met. The guy who put down the 12.5 bid is even crazy. No engine, prop, or avionics? You would have to really be without a clue to buy this plane for even $12.5k. Parting this thing out is probably the best option.

wow!!what a eyefull reading this entire thread.accusations/threat of lawsuit/expert testimony..this ad had it all!!!next time i wont forget the popcorn.Thing is ..if you had a similar model mooney you just pranged...12.5k or 25k would be looking real good right now.IE how much for a complete tail section if the factory could build you one???Even if one of the wings was crap how about the flaps and ailerons??I am guessing 12.5k right there...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 1967 m20f from trevor 7 or 8 years ago. It had a engine failure over water an was put down close to shore gear upin a few inches of water--

very little damage. Happened in 2000 or so. Trevor bought it from insurance and completely, exept for panel, which was not too outdated, including chuck ney o time eng. It has been a very good aircraft. I have had a few minor problems, but nothing to attribue to rebuild/restore job. Trevor kept a pictoral record of the whole process which he gave to me. The aircraft has a better quality paintjob (now about 10 yrs old) than my fancy m20s (paint about 3 yrs old). The M20s also has damage history. Had a thorough preby done at Cavalier in Calgary. Afew small items, but nothing unairworthy. I bought it because of the panel and engine (140hrs) as in my dotage I want to get my IFR and to get what I wanted in the F would be cost prohibitive. I believe Trevor did not mislead me during the purchase process of the F model. If anything the experience with flying an aircraft with damage history has been a non issue. 

If anyone is actually looking at this ad to buy parts... I wanted to let them know that I have purchased parts for my mooney from this aircraft and I am completely happy buying parts that were as described and working for half the cost of new... A+ for the seller

Wow , tough crowd.......I can only say this ..... I got carried away with my last mooney , and sunk way , way , too much money into it , If I had the work done at a shop , instead of doing it my self , I would have had a B model all in for about 80 K ..... Sometimes we do stupid things..... I put a thread on here a few years ago , suggesting parting it out , or selling it whole, and a Fellow Mooniac purchased the plane........ That being said , its probably foolish to getting a pissing match with this guy...... Just don't buy the plane......As far as ebay goes , the 12.5 bid is probably not a real bid..... I buy a LOT of things on ebay , a lot of big ticket items , and I don't consider ANY BID below the reserve price a real bidder.... Just my .02 ....... 

• 2 weeks later...

to answer a few  coments from earlier not trying to pass anything off as anything its not , it just looks like an easy project to me if it beyond someone elses ability it does not mean its not a project plane, and here are some pictures . anyway i still have an excellent leather and cloth interior , a complete wirring loom ready to plug and play for a garmin , 340,530,250 and 327 combo for sale,

. new exhaust, good like new glass, flaps ,aileron, tail ect, 

so far just the engine prop , cowl, radios,  fuel pump have been removed so i have everything elsepost-8611-0-72261100-1358181826_thumb.jppost-8611-0-92615200-1358181859_thumb.jppost-8611-0-95653000-1358181873_thumb.jppost-8611-0-39194600-1358181886_thumb.jp