just passed the instrument written test.

that put me in a pretty good mood.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.  If the questions aren't duplicates, they are very familiar.  Definitely were some new ones, but a lot were repeats.  Looking over the Gleim books helped tremendously.  I was worried about passing but ended up with a 95.  It's very nice to get that monkey off my back.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Rob, the written was more stressful than difficult. Many of the DVD and written materials really do a good job preparing you for the knowledge test. My advice is to keep working on the flying and take the practical when ready.  I passed the written in Dec and the practical in late July, and felt the knowledge used on the written was useful on the oral portion of the exam as well as the actual flying.  Good luck and keep moving forward.  Ray