Another KFC 200 Autopilot Issue (won't level out)

Here's a video of this in action. It just started doing this. 

I have the AP on, HDG mode, and GPSS.

• I turn the cursor to the right, it turns right, but somewhat slower than it seemed to do on the previous flight.
  • I then turn it back left and it turns left, but slowly.
  • I then press the cursor in to get straight and level/current heading as the course and the AP just continues to turn.

I've tested it on the ground and turning the cursor left/right does deflect the ailerons. I do have an iPad mounted in the video but it's centered and I've never had this issue so I don't think that weight is an issue. 

I've got a suggestion from some friends to call a few shops but before I do that, figured I'd ask here.

49 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

Call the shops.  Could be with the "brain" and the signals it is sending to the servos, or it could be a servo issue. 

Was hoping for someone to just nail the suggestion but I think that's what I'll do. 

5 hours ago, natdm said:

Was hoping for someone to just nail the suggestion but I think that's what I'll do. 

Two times ago when I had a problem with mine, we just pulled out the cards and cleaned the fingers.

Next time it was a servo.  So until you take it in where they can actually test and inspect the components, it is all going to be a best guess based on similar failures in the past.

4 hours ago, PeteMc said:

Two times ago when I had a problem with mine, we just pulled out the cards and cleaned the fingers.

Next time it was a servo.  So until you take it in where they can actually test and inspect the components, it is all going to be a best guess based on similar failures in the past.

That's good to know. I've emailed a place suggested to me in Kansas that might be able to help.

Could be a roll servo or flight computer issue (final amp stage).  If it was me I would disconnect the roll servo and put a DC voltage meter across pins D and L. With heading mode and the A/P engaged, heading bug under the lubber line with a level attitude you should have close to 0VDC.  Going one way you will have positive DC voltage, and the other way negative DC voltage.  The voltage should be equal at 45 deg left and right of the lubber line.  This will check the flight computer to see if there is a issue in the final amp stage.  If the computer checks good I would send the roll servo out for evaluation.   We can evaluate the servo if sent in.  Current lead time is 10-14 business days.  If you want to send both the roll servo and flight computer I can run them together on the bench.

• Like 4