Mooney Roundup Paso Robles Details

Does anyone have details on this fly-in event for June 28-29?

I registered through the link on the MooneyFlyer site and got an acknowledgement from a third-party site, Jotform, but no details.

Just wondering when more information will be forthcoming.  Cost of activities, dinner, hotel discounts, schedule of events, etc.

17 hours ago, MikeOH said:

Does anyone have details on this fly-in event for June 28-29?

I registered through the link on the MooneyFlyer site and got an acknowledgement from a third-party site, Jotform, but no details.

Just wondering when more information will be forthcoming.  Cost of activities, dinner, hotel discounts, schedule of events, etc.

The info I got to register was from the May Mooney flyer 2024-MayTMF (fliphtml5.com)  I think registration is just to know how many people might show up. Costs of dinners/ activities/ hotels I think are on our own as there's not a hotel on the field but lots of choices nearby. Phil @mooneyflyer might have more specific details for you if you need more.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of fellow Mooniacs there!

John B

• Thanks 1

@JohnB

Thanks.  That's the site I started from, as well. The flyer for the event seemed a little vague and didn't even have a year on it! I was wondering if I was registering for LAST year's fly-in!  Further, it seemed like there would be actual time-of-day spelled out for the activities.

Good idea to contact Phil.

• Like 1

Sorry that we have been remiss in updating the information for the Fly-In. The May Edition of The Mooney Flyer has more information in the FROM THE EDITOR section. It has hotels that have offered discounts and car rental information.

Here are the details as of today: 1) It starts Friday with wine & finger foods in our hangar around 5pm for FREE. 2) Saturday morning we will all meet on the ramp and welcome the rest of the arrivals and mingle. There might be 1-2 fun/informative presentations as well. 3) Saturday afternoon includes a) Wine tasting and a cave tour at Eberle Winery (Gary Eberle turns 80 that day and is a pilot and owns the winery, or b) Visit Estrella Warbirds Museum (On the airport) and c) a private tour of Antique Aero (one of the largest collections of old engines in the world. 4) Dinner at Cool Hand Lukes (The first 50 to signup for this event eat for FREE. All others are $50/person. 5 entree selections, appetizer, soft drink and essrt included). 5) A visit to Sensorio ( Walk through paths of 100,000 artistic lights in the rolling hills...). PLUS Paso Robles downtown is a pleasure to eat, drink and shop around.

This could shape up to be the largest Mooney event of 2024 so don't miss it. Go to: https://TheMooneyFlyer.com to register soon as registration will close 2 weeks before the event since we have to make financial commitments by then.

Hope to see new Mooniacs and old friends.

@mooneyflyer

Thanks for the update! Most appreciated.

For the free dinner at Cool Hand Lukes is there another 'signup' for the first 50, or is the JotForm registration link from TheMooneyFlyer site all it takes? (And, how do we know if we are one of the first 50?)

Looking forward to the fly-in!!

On 5/20/2024 at 2:21 PM, MikeOH said:

@mooneyflyer

Thanks for the update! Most appreciated.

For the free dinner at Cool Hand Lukes is there another 'signup' for the first 50, or is the JotForm registration link from TheMooneyFlyer site all it takes? (And, how do we know if we are one of the first 50?)

Looking forward to the fly-in!!

Theres still a few slots left. I will post when 50 have signed up

• 3 weeks later...

There are still slots OPEN for the FREE dinner. And we are adding a DOOR PRIZE. We will also have a well-known Mooney speaker at dinner. This should be fun. Registration will be open until 1 week before the fly-in as we have to nail down the number of dinner reservations. Go to: Mooney-RoundUp-2.pdf (themooneyflyer.com) to get all the details and signup

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here on Mooney Space.

Also advertised in Mooney Flyer online magazine (www.mooneyflyer.com)

Other ones for this year include:

Mooney Max - Sept 5 - 8 - Fredericksburg, TX https://www.mooneymax.com/

Mooney Summit - Sept 27 - 28 - Tampa, FL https://www.mooneysummit.com/

Both of these have a lot of technical content, but still good socializing.

• Like 2

I counted 16 at the max.  A few came and went throughout the weekend so I'm not sure I got all that arrived.  Dinner was a great time, wonderful conversation with all the Mooniacs.  This was another great example of why to support TMF with donations, they really do a lot for our community.

• Like 1