COVID-19 Flyovers

The Alabama National Guard will have a bunch of flyovers tomorrow to honor the frontline workers:

https://www.alabamanews.net/2020/05/03/alabama-national-guard-plans-flyovers-to-salute-covid-19-response-efforts/

I work about 5 miles from EAMC (the closest hospital to Auburn), and will be outside at 1200, looking upwards and round and round. The planes are painted to honor the Tuskegee Airmen, whose field I kept my Mooney at when I first moved back (it's just the next county over, 13 miles down the interstate from Auburn and 19 miles down the interstate from the Auburn airport). Then I changed jobs and Tuskegee was almost an hours' drive, so the Mooney had to move, too.

It ain't the Blue Angels, but even Philly has several million more people than Lee County, AL, especially since the University closed and sent 30,000 kids home. I'm still gonna watch and be happy! (and dream of how different my life might have been if I hadn't failed the Navy flight physical at 18 for less than 20/20 vision . . . . ) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank said:

The Alabama National Guard will have a bunch of flyovers tomorrow to honor the frontline workers:

https://www.alabamanews.net/2020/05/03/alabama-national-guard-plans-flyovers-to-salute-covid-19-response-efforts/

I work about 5 miles from EAMC (the closest hospital to Auburn), and will be outside at 1200, looking upwards and round and round. The planes are painted to honor the Tuskegee Airmen, whose field I kept my Mooney at when I first moved back (it's just the next county over, 13 miles down the interstate from Auburn and 19 miles down the interstate from the Auburn airport). Then I changed jobs and Tuskegee was almost an hours' drive, so the Mooney had to move, too.

It ain't the Blue Angels, but even Philly has several million more people than Lee County, AL, especially since the University closed and sent 30,000 kids home. I'm still gonna watch and be happy! (and dream of how different my life might have been if I hadn't failed the Navy flight physical at 18 for less than 20/20 vision . . . . ) 

Those guys I am sure will still make a fantastic roar.  And raise some cheer.

The Blue Angels are making their rounds as well.  They flew over my office in Fort Worth, Texas yesterday.  It is amazing the attraction they get.  For this very short fly by, people were parked in all the parking lots around me basically tailgating for this.  I do appreciate the fact that they are doing this along with the Air Force Thunderbirds.