Italic Tail # Which One !?

Top one definitely. Aft leaning flows better. In fact, sat on a paint scheme forum today here in Oshkosh and the expert briefly discussed precisely this topic. The guy was very knowledgeable and the owner of "Scheme Designers" a company that designs paint schemes for lots of clients. He was not a friend of forward leaning tail numbers.

• Like 1

Way to go Allan!

I though there was no end to the 50/50 argument of ROP / LOP....

Slant forward vs. Slant backward, that's genius!  :)

I am sure my tail number slants, but I don't know if it's forward or backwards...  Or both...

Since you are on the topic, better show what it looks like on the other side of the plane too.  Just to make sure your painter doesn't assume something that you don't have in mind...

Know what I'm saying?

the top one looks like the letters are attached at the bases, the tops are leaning with the wind.  Naturally...

The bottom one, belongs on the other side of the plane.  The bases are attached and the tops are leaning with the wind...

getting ready for Rio?

Best regards,

-a-

47 minutes ago, jasona900 said:

The bottom looks good since the "N" matches the angle of the tail.. but I think it really depends on what the rest of the paint job will look like.

Agreed unless you want your graphics to match all the other brands tails. Also leaning back is submission to the wind leaning into the wind is dominant and shows strength. This is definitely a IMHO subject 

Hector, I met that guy today also. Very nice designs.

Indeed. He asked me to go by his booth in building C I think to look at a book of Mooney paint schemes. I already had something very specific in mind but he quickly suggested some changes that may look better. I think he said he charges $900 to produce a complete custom paint layout that you are happy with an all the associated paint drawings the paint shop will need.

• Like 1

Check out that rather nice looking Mooney behind bob's plane in the background. Looks like a real nice flowing scheme with blue and white, but what the heck with that tail number? Blocked out the area in white and used the blue for the number, really shatters the flow with that big white square.   This kind of stuff is what scheme designers eliminates.  

On July 26, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Hank said:

Have the letters on both sides lean towards the tail. So you will actually use both of these, but the second style will have the propellor to the right.

Mine is non-standard (painted two owners ago, no idea who put the epoxy paint in), but I have two slants. The numbers themselves slant backwards, and the whole thing slants up to the tail.

image.jpg

Check out that rather nice looking Mooney behind bob's plane in the background. Looks like a real nice flowing scheme with blue and white, but what the heck with that tail number? Blocked out the area in white and used the blue for the number, really shatters the flow with that big white square.   This kind of stuff is what scheme designers eliminates.  

That looks temporary to me, maybe they did that because there were flying internationally?

11 hours ago, jetdriven said:

That was a brand new plane being picked up @ KERV! The vanity number underneath the tape had not been signed off on yet by FAA...