Sun Visors

DonMuncy

On 12/31/2020 at 3:48 AM, Adi said:

Hi Don,

Are you still making these?

I have a 1983 J model and the stock copilot visor is loose. It seems the plastic tabs that are supposed to hold it in place relative to the metal bar are cracked and not providing enough friction to hold the weight. I think I could probably fix that part but would be happier replacing the set with something sturdier/larger.

If you're not making them, perhaps you could advise on what kind of material you used for the visor proper? :) 

Adi

IMG_5561.jpg

you can replace those clips with a small DG clamp, that works well. You’ll just use one of the two holes of course

• 2 years later...

I would be glad to show you the parts used in my visors, but unless you are a skilled machinist, (with time on your hands) it would be virtually impossible to make your own for anything less than Rosen charges. 

I will be glad to furnish you a set, but I do not have a set in inventory right now. I have a major project going on right now, so it will take me a little while to get some made. 

If you like, I will let you know when I have some available. It will likely be a few weeks.

12 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

I would be glad to show you the parts used in my visors, but unless you are a skilled machinist, (with time on your hands) it would be virtually impossible to make your own for anything less than Rosen charges. 

I will be glad to furnish you a set, but I do not have a set in inventory right now. I have a major project going on right now, so it will take me a little while to get some made. 

If you like, I will let you know when I have some available. It will likely be a few weeks.

Please do let me know when you have some available. I am not in a rush. I greatly appreciate your help.

On another note: a new user PMed me and suggested I send an email to you. The email they provided is obviously not your email address. They wanted immediate payment and a shipping address.  I've tagged this as a scam. Just a heads up for anyone else this happens to. They didn't get any money from me.

52 minutes ago, gevertex said:

On another note: a new user PMed me and suggested I send an email to you. The email they provided is obviously not your email address. They wanted immediate payment and a shipping address.  I've tagged this as a scam. Just a heads up for anyone else this happens to. They didn't get any money from me.

That is a little scary. Was my name of some such in the email address? 

5 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

That is a little scary. Was my name of some such in the email address? 

Your name is not in the email address at all, which was the dead give away for me. Also the user that PMed me had 0 posts.

FWIW I have a pair of dons visors that I’d be willing to sell if you want. Nothing wrong with them at all. Installed them and removed them simply because on the pre 04 long bodies, the dash sits a bit too high and always got in the way. Shoot me a message if you’re interested.

Gevertex, 

If you decided to get the set from Niko, let me know, and I will take "make visors" off my list of things that need to get done soon. 

Incidentally, the visors are pretty sturdy, and having a used set should not present any problems. The shades might get scratched some in use, but they are replaceable.

• Like 1

Hi Don, I am also interested in a set of visors the next time you are making them.  My 68 M20F has the shade attachments in the outside corners so I believe yours will work perfectly.

Thank you,

Paul

On 3/25/2024 at 12:49 PM, Niko182 said:

FWIW I have a pair of dons visors that I’d be willing to sell if you want. Nothing wrong with them at all. Installed them and removed them simply because on the pre 04 long bodies, the dash sits a bit too high and always got in the way. Shoot me a message if you’re interested.

Just catching up to all the replies. I've been traveling by Mooney (the best way to travel). I'd love to take them off your hands. I'll send you a PM and see if we can come to an arrangement. Thanks!

Angelos and Paul. i have you down for a set each, as soon as I can get them done. I have just moved from one residence to another, and am absolutely snowed under for a while.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TerryDubYa said:

Don,  would like to put my name down on your list as well.  Thank you.  No rush on my end as well.

Done

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 8:47 PM, DonMuncy said:

Gevertex, 

If you decided to get the set from Niko, let me know, and I will take "make visors" off my list of things that need to get done soon. 

Incidentally, the visors are pretty sturdy, and having a used set should not present any problems. The shades might get scratched some in use, but they are replaceable.

Thank you Don. I'll let you know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 9:56 AM, acekng1 said:

Hi Don, I am also interested in a set of visors the next time you are making them.  My 68 M20F has the shade attachments in the outside corners so I believe yours will work perfectly.

Thank you,

Paul

PM sent

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 10:09 PM, TerryDubYa said:

Don,  would like to put my name down on your list as well.  Thank you.  No rush on my end as well.

PM sent

• 3 weeks later...