Money Summit III

Please forgive my ignorance but who is Peter Garmin any connection to the infamous Garmin GPS

He is a pilot here named Peter, who has 110+% confidence in everything that Garmin says, does or thinks about doing. Also has the same confidence in all other Big Names, and lambasts all competing companies and ideas as "clearly inferior." Highly opinionated in writing, with a Take No Prisoners and Accept No Mistakes philosophy. Read a few threads here, you'll spot him. Especially easy to do on the Avionics forum or accident posts.

I will donate $1 for every pound of girlfriend that Marauder manages to bring down to the meeting.

Based on that commitment, I am having a new propeller installed on my Mooney

6460a615288a2bbb2421bb4408a3d3ed.jpg

And the girls are getting ready...

cf772ff80b412e9d18205ddf31b03fc9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He is a pilot here named Peter....... who lambasts all competing companies and ideas as "clearly inferior." Highly opinionated in writing, with a Take No Prisoners and Accept No Mistakes philosophy. .

Also, pedantically demanding of facts that he is neither qualified to pass judgment on nor willing to offer himself in support of his opinions. Recent tendency to post broad, one line, question without any background data or subsequent input. He may be particularly aggravated due to Garmin stock dropping almost 40% over the past six months.

I may have to up my donation offer, Mike.

• Like 1

Also, pedantically demanding of facts that he is neither qualified to pass judgment on nor willing to offer himself in support of his opinions. Recent tendency to post broad, one line, question without any background data or subsequent input. He may be particularly aggravated due to Garmin stock dropping almost 40% over the past six months.

I may have to up my donation offer, Mike.

Gents, I don't know if Peter is registered or not, but lets give him some respect. He is entitled to his thoughts, and like political forums, no one here is going to change anyone's mind. He knows he cannot influence the thought trains here, just as we know we cannot change his entrenched beliefs. I have been guilty of this.

Gary, while I appreciate your willingness to make a donation based on PTK's actions, I would prefer personally if it came from your kindness and compassion, of which I know when it comes it really will be from.  /Sunday soapbox off

• Like 2

Gents, I don't know if Peter is registered or not, but lets give him some respect. He is entitled to his thoughts, and like political forums, no one here is going to change anyone's mind. He knows he cannot influence the thought trains here, just as we know we cannot change his entrenched beliefs. I have been guilty of this.

Gary, while I appreciate your willingness to make a donation based on PTK's actions, I would prefer personally if it came from your kindness and compassion, of which I know when it comes it really will be from. /Sunday soapbox off

Man, don't you just hate it when one of starts acting like an adult?!

The funny thing is that I have met Peter Garmin in person a few times. He actually is very open and nice and willing to share his knowledge... (Just don't start talking about Garmin, CamGuard, where to buy an airplane, the weather).

And just for the record Peter, after next week I will officially have more Garmin stuff in my plane than you do!

• Like 1

The funny thing is that I have met Peter Garmin in person a few times. He actually is very open and nice and willing to share his knowledge... (Just don't start talking about Garmin, CamGuard, where to buy an airplane, the weather).....

Classic case of a height challenged fellow venting his passive aggression on an internet forum.

In addition to my aforementioned 'compassionate' contribution, if the notoriously frugal Dr. Pain actually shows up, I will match whatever he contributes.

I don't know where you guys fall on the wait list, but there is a better than even chance a few cancellations will occur. Unfortunately, we have to have limits because of physical space.

And I thought by not signing up, I was going to save you plenty of space for the others... :)

Well I'm disappointed you're not coming. Don't trust that old F model to cross the Mason-Dixon line?

I'm disappointed as well. Probably could have squeezed it in but saw that it was filled by the time I went to register.

As far as the Mason-Dixon Line crossing; no problem at all. In fact I can walk to it, no need to fly.

Marauder lives at the cigar...

56a59fcd7f7bdc4a0764c7c313f3e8a0.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, Gus. So glad to know that you're looking out for us.

"When an animal comes in my house, it goes on the plate. When you go in the ocean, you in the shark s house." I hope to have some time to visit the shark's house while we are there. You?

For those of you heading to ECP who might be considering going into the ocean instead of the Summit program, here's a bit of advice for you:

She had one thing right. She would make for a great flotation device.