M20 Price Summary

maxum8504

OK Maxum....

Give us a hint.

Who are you?

Why bring this data?

Do you have a link to the data source?

Why did the data stop halfway through the M20 alphabet?

I like the data, but I find it troubling to believe without any background...

Welcome aboard and best regards,

-a-

Dan,

I'm disappointed...

LBs got left out like we just don't matter...

Best regards,

-a-

Let's see,

1) Modern airframes

2) Bigger powerplants

3) Higher altitudes

4) Newer amenities

5) Finer appointments

6) More spacious cabins

7) No sympathy from me

You matter...

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suspect these are asking prices gleaned from trade a plane. Since I easily talked my seller down by $4000 from $39,000 to $35,000, I suspect that actual selling prices might be a bit lower. The fellow I bought from had been trying to sell for a year.

• Like 1

The data is all pulled from sales prices on Trade-A-Plane. The C,E,F, and Js are the ones I may be interested in buying in the future. I was just interested in summarizing these Planes for my reference to see what may be a good value, or worn out, or really nice, relative to the overall market. Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the follow-up gents...

I tried to push the like button for maxum's follow-up, but something doesn't like the 'Like' button there..?

Maxum, try to fill out your avatar a bit. It may help other people to help you...

Some nice planes in your area may not be listed publicly.

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the follow-up gents...

I tried to push the like button for maxum's follow-up, but something doesn't like the 'Like' button there..?

Maxum, try to fill out your avatar a bit. It may help other people to help you...

Some nice planes in your area may not be listed publicly.

Best regards,

-a-

I don't really understand the "not listed publicly"  I'm not sure how someone supposes to sell a plane without listing it.  Maybe at smaller airports...but at some place like KPAE near me I'm not about to wander around on the miles of ramp space looking for "for sale" signs.  

Some people are not in a rush to sell their things.

They can keep flying it indefinitely while it is for sale.

Especially if it is the last plane they will ever own...

A nice Mooney may be listed at an MSC for sale. It will attract the right buyer to match the higher asking price.

Some people take a long time to get ready to sell. They may tell their mechanic what their intentions are...

Word of mouth or the MS effect are pretty powerful when the market is so small.

Even TAP takes a month to get mailed to most of it's users...

As a buyer...

To be up on the market.

MooneySpace.

TAP.

MSC web sites.

Controller.

All American Aircraft.

There isn't a one stop shopping experience for all levels of Mooney...

My first Mooney was languishing at a nearby airport...a paper for sale sign was posted in the FBO on a memo board.

It takes effort to find what's being sold by some individuals.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

I don't really understand the "not listed publicly"  I'm not sure how someone supposes to sell a plane without listing it.  Maybe at smaller airports...but at some place like KPAE near me I'm not about to wander around on the miles of ramp space looking for "for sale" signs.  

In addition to all the reasons Anthony mentioned, I think one of the big reasons is "tire kickers". I tried Craigslist once. Never again. What is the fascination with bartering or trading stuff for stuff? A serious seller, with a decent plane knows the options available to them. If the plane is known, it is amazing how the word gets out.

Or they may have promised their non-flying significant other they will sell the plane. Did NOT say they would advertise it for sale, but would sell it. ;)

John

Amen to that comment brother! I also think there are a lot of older pilots who just don't want to let go.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know how close the asking and final sale price is to the detailed VRef valuation (not the "VRef-Lite" valuation that AOPA offers for free).  The last person that I sold a plane to was willing to pay the full amount of the detailed VRef valuation.