Opinion on FS 450?

CW,

That's a nice panel, is there something behind the flight instruments that prevented them being arranged in a standard six-pack?

#1 way to create more panel,space is to install an HSI, and something like a Sandel SN3308 has a host of other functions too.

Your 'RHS' is pretty full, it would be easy to replace your EGT with a combined EGT with FF. Not cheap, but has high value in running your engine properly and identifying problems. If you go with JPI it is a major step in the direction of a future 730/830/900 upgrade as a lot of the probes and harnesses are identical. Not all. See Marauder's 830 thread and video.

Another way is to install a Shadin FADC and then display fuel and air data on your 430. But you need a heading input from the HSI.

Regards,

Don

• Like 1

Add FF, engine monitor and try to leave the GPS Where it is ...

The old mechanical tach would be first to go.

MP and FP would be next...

See if the Insight, EI or JPI can fit in that hole with all the primary instruments(MP,FP,tach) you are looking for.

Best regards,

-a-

These are all very good suggestions to install an engine monitor. You should definitely strongly consider one.

As far as ff it is my preference to have a dedicated ff computer to separate out the ff functions. My airplane came with a 450 and a separate 700. What I did is upgrade the 700 to a big screen 800. I really like this setup having all that info from both instruments in my scan. It's a lot easier to let the engine monitor and the FS450 each do their own thing and display it.

The EDM800 has ff on it as well and the 450 is piggybacked on same transducer.
Is it an option to put it underneath the engine controls?

post-7035-0-25866600-1431337683_thumb.jp

• Like 1

A lot of great suggestions it's fun to spend others money, but I'd consider like mentioned go with a std 6 pack or Dynon to utilize your space there's more there than you think ..gook luck..Oshkosh may have some great deals if you can wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the FS-450 installed in my Mooney and really enjoyed it as probably the most accurate and reliable piece of information in my panel. The accuracy was really awesome... - last year the difference between displayed and actual gas consumption based on the receipts was 6 liters less on 2284 liters consumption in total, i.e. the FS-450 showed a total of 2278 liters which is absolute negligible. Highly recommended!  

• Like 2