Stock Sun Visor Parts

I managed to break the RH stock visor in my '96 J in half today.  (Caught it on the shoulder armor of my motorcycle coat ...)  

I do not want to start another argument about the merits of various visors but would very much like to find a stock replacement part.  I believe the Mooney part number is 1500083-13.  

Perhaps someone has a source or, better yet, a pair left over from a replacement project.

Thanks for the the help.

http://www.amazon.com/Tinted-Clear-Acrylic-Plexiglas-Smoked/dp/B00N58O9K6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1430653460&sr=8-2&keywords=tinted+acrylic+sheet

2 inch blue tape

clamp the old one on top

trace it out with the old one marking the holes

cut it out

Sand the edges

reinstall

if you buy a big enough sheet you could make 2 and have a spare

• Like 4

I bought some smoke and green sheets from TAP Plastics. Then I made a plywood template and used a router to cut out new visors for the flight school at our airport. Came our great.  Got the welting at McMaster -Carr.

Bill

I used Optical Quality smoked 3/16 lexan.  Used a band saw for the rough cut then belt sanded to the traced line.  I made mine 1" lower to block out more of the windshield.  Used 120 grit to curve the edge then wet sanded with 400.  I flame polished the remaining scratches.  For the mounts I used landing gear straps for RC planes from Dubro.   

Looks great and more robust!  The Optical Quality Lexan was more expensive but is is truly like looking through a great pair of sunglasses!

Rick