What's my mission?

Wakeup

Do you need a mission to buy a boat or an RV? Do you need a mission to buy a corvette or motorcycle?  What mission did Orville and Wilber have?  As I recall it was to fly with the birds but research shows "In 1900, Wilbur Wright wrote to his father expressing the hope of "achieving fame and fortune" from his and brother Orville's experiments in flight."

Earlier, in 1900, Wilbur Wright wrote to French aviation pioneer Octave Chanute (1832-1910) and expressed the belief that "flight is possible to man...[and] I feel that it will soon cost me an increased amount of money if not my life".

• Like 2

Everyone seems to have a mission for their mooney except me. Is it bad that I don't have a mission? I have always loved the look of the mooney, that's why I bought one. I don't have anywhere to go, but like knowing I can. I mostly fly to airports 30-100 nm away to practice and just Fly. I have only been on 2 flights over 500 nm and hope with experience and training I will discover my mission. Thanks Troy

What am I missing here? You just stated your mission: good looking plane, goes pretty much anywhere, fun to fly. I'll bet you like to go fast.

Guess what? I have the same mission as you  :D

• Like 1

Mission,

1. 200 to 700 NM, trips from N. UT to western states.

2. Carry family of four, or three plus the 100 pound dog.

3. Avoid driving as often as practical.

4. See family in CA more often.

5. Get out of the winter cold when possible.

I fly gliders 100 hours per year so don't need the $200 hamburgers.

Our 20F does the mission well, a J would be nice someday.

Okay, I'll bite... What does flying gliders have anything to do with enjoying going for a $200 hamburger?

Means on most weekends I will fly my glider so no need to fly the Mooney just to get a flying fix. Yes, most of us are addicted to flying, whether we admit it or not. From a mission standpoint it means my Mooney flying is mostly longer flights with family.