Flaps on take-off?

Some people think that their individual POH/Owner's Manual is how all airplanes should be flown.

Seeing is believing, right? Even in Missouri? Check this out, ye unbelievers! I prefer "As desired" myself.

My 1969 M20F POH has the same line, in some circumstances I choose "takeoff flaps" but most times I choose "as desired"

• Like 2

Ha ha I went out specifically searching for the woman of my dreams that could allow for my m20J to be a good 4 person airplane. :). Gosh I hope she doesn't come on here I'll be toast!

Did you also search for an 100 pound mother-in-law to match?

Is it still a 4 person airplane if the gf decides she wants her mother to come along?

Did you also search for an 100 pound mother-in-law to match?

Is it still a 4 person airplane if the gf decides she wants her mother to come along?

Oh gosh if the mother in law thinks she's going to come then I'd have to refer to the FAA oxygen requirements for pass above 14k. It's only necessary to offer o2 to pass, not required so I'd technically be right if I made the offering at the volume of a whisper? And how high do I need to fly to put her in sleepy land?

:);):)

• Like 1

Oh gosh if the mother in law thinks she's going to come then I'd have to refer to the FAA oxygen requirements for pass above 14k. It's only necessary to offer o2 to pass, not required so I'd technically be right if I made the offering at the volume of a whisper? And how high do I need to fly to put her in sleepy land?

:);):)

You do know this is a public forum, right? google aaronk mother in law in a few days after the crawlers have updated...  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the past I usually didn't use flaps on takeoff. That is the way I was checked out. But I found that the break from the runway is much cleaner when using flaps and they are 100% necessary when taking off hot and heavy unless you have a lot of runway to burn off. Landing I always use full flaps (not really huge anyways) and trim the nose very carefully. I usually fly alone and find myself quite nose heavy so an approach at 85 mph and full nose up trim results in frequent squeakers :)

I've been away 2 weeks and this thread is still going on? I don't understand what there is to discuss!? You're supposed to and it's better to use flaps on every takeoff.

Welcome back! Things are just like you left them!! Except maybe your parrots. Any new ones, freshly imported from the homeland? If they're in the cockpit and flapping on takeoff, does that help?

• Like 1