TSA compliance. CFI wants my info.

not a big deal, but struck me as odd.  I got an email yesterday, and he said the TSA came by our local airport.  I don't know if they requested it, but he said he needed a copy of my passport or birth certificate and my pilots license to keep on file.  

just wondering if that's typical.  I'm planning on bringing it, but just wondering if anybody else has been asked for this stuff.

Quote: rbridges

not a big deal, but struck me as odd.  I got an email yesterday, and he said the TSA came by our local airport.  I don't know if they requested it, but he said he needed a copy of my passport or birth certificate and my pilots license to keep on file.  

just wondering if that's typical.  I'm planning on bringing it, but just wondering if anybody else has been asked for this stuff.

Quote: rbridges

Quote: flight2000

Nothing that I'm aware of.  TSA came through my home drome in Kansas about a week before I got there and didn't ask to see my paperwork from the CFI I use for recurrent training.  I believe your interpretation is correct based on my experience.  Some CFI's may not understand it fully and just ask for everyone's to cover their butt... could be the other way around with the TSA bubba as well.

Brian