WHAT IS IT? one piece belly

Have a one piece belly panel for sale for $950 but do not know what it fits. 32.5 wide and 79 long. Not for L or Porsche or later Long Bodies as those are more than one piece.  Ends are square with cutout for nose wheel well.   Good condition  will add photos later   jerry p  423 231 3491

IMG_2494 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2498 - Copy.JPG

37 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Doesn't look like the factory belly on my M20J. Way too many holes along the perimeter and they don't look to be in line. Maybe the LASAR belly panel?

Were some fiberglass instead of aluminum?  May rule out some options.  

That looks like my LASAR one piece. It should have a label imbedded in the fiberglass on the inside.

It looks like the holes were doubled up. Mine has 1/2 the holes along the edges.

It would take a lot of work to put that back in service.

The one-piece belly on my C looks quite similar, except it's fiberglass with 48 countersunk screw holes around it, and five smaller ones for the notch around the nose wheel. The front end is also not bent upwards around the notch. 

Looks a lot cruder than my factory belly on my M20J. Also, the holes for the cross supports don't seem to be in the same place as mine. And, what are all those large circles and little bumps on the inside?

2 hours ago, MikeOH said:

I hate to be the one to say it, but do we know this rectangular sheet with a bunch of holes and a crease down the middle is even an aviation part???

Once again, it is the same as my LASER on e piece. With too many holes. Same crease, same hole pattern, same fiberglass mold pattern. Somebody just made more holes than it came with.

The only time this could be useful, is if somebody had a LASER one piece belly already installed with an STC and had a gear up that destroyed the belly beyond repair. This one could be reworked and put back into service. This scenario is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 1

Thanks to Mooneyspacer Finally learned what it is. Replacement panel for F G J or K with metal belly. All those holes match the screws on the metal belly skins.  A  K in TN has the identical pattern and amount of screws. As you folks say it probably is Laser.  

On 8/24/2024 at 2:59 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

That looks like my LASAR one piece. It should have a label imbedded in the fiberglass on the inside.

It looks like the holes were doubled up. Mine has 1/2 the holes along the edges.

It would take a lot of work to put that back in service.

where is the laser label?  can you see where is covered on this one?  jerry

13 minutes ago, Jerry Pressley said:

where is the laser label?  can you see where is covered on this one?  jerry

I think it is at the top where the paint stripe goes all the way across. 

I will have mine off in a couple of weeks. I can send you a pic of the label then.