Interior shop

GaryP1007

2 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

You can't beat AeroComfort in KSAT but he is very busy.

I have my M20R booked in April for a complete makeover and I booked it last June. 

Smaller jobs might be different, I know he does "glare shields" and yokes by mail.

How much did he charge for the ful redo?

Yes, but with inflation we should probably raise it someday. And they don’t issue 1k bills anymore either. There is not much in aviation that costs less than 1 AMU. Even going to Jiffy Lube for an oil change is .3 or so Aviation Monetary Units. For those who have to justify expense to a non-flying right seat, it has a better sound. An AMU is also 100,000 pennies after all, and who wants to spend 30,000 of anything on an oil change?

Edited by jlunseth

2 minutes ago, A64Pilot said:

I would no more drop $300 on an oil change than I would 22K for an interior, that’s bizjet money to me.

For 20% of the cost of the average Mooney, it had better be a stunning interior.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niko182 said:

How much did he charge for the ful redo?

Current price sheet is about 22 AMU. He says he reprices in January, so I am sure it will go up with inflation what it is now. I went by after MooneyMax in June and picked out colors and discussed my needs. Hector is a great guy and really knows his Mooneys. I developed a very good sense of trust and that he had the knowledge and experience to do the job. 

Some might say "it is just upholstery". Heck the FAA says you can do it yourself. In my IA's shop was a PA-28-180 some months back. An upholstery shop drove a sheet metal screw......through a panel and right into the center section. Had to get a DER to design a repair. Get people who know airplanes and know your airplane.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

-Benjamin Franklin

• Like 1