Learners

donkaye

On 3/23/2022 at 4:47 PM, A64Pilot said:

Over 20 years ago the US Army was required to spend literally millions changing every aircraft manual to change “Cockpit” to “Crew Compartment”

They also changed Turbine inlet temperature (TIT) to Turbine gas temperature (TGT) as TIT was offensive.

However what I enjoyed was the consideration of others training, sure I was trained to kill, but guess I need to consider how they felt about being killed first?

of course now it is ambiguous as to what temperature you are measuring.  Is it inlet temp? outlet temp? or internal temp?

34 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

of course now it is ambiguous as to what temperature you are measuring.  Is it inlet temp? outlet temp? or internal temp?

That's of far less importance than the possibility of offending a snowflake with an acronym (pronounced phonetically) that an 8-year-old would find funny if pronounced as a word . . . .

I got from a test pilot friend that’s a bit older than me that the TGT / TIT thing came from the Lady that owned Beech back in the day, during one of the meetings where a turbine aircraft design(King Air maybe?) was being discussed she said I don’t know what we are going to call it, but we aren’t calling it that.

I assume it was pronounced as a word and not the letters maybe?

10 hours ago, Hank said:

That's of far less importance than the possibility of offending a snowflake with an acronym (pronounced phonetically) that an 8-year-old would find funny if pronounced as a word . . . .

What’s a “snowflake”?

36 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Ah, a pejorative term for someone you disagree with. I could have guessed as much. Name calling is so juvenile, but seems the political norm these days. Thanks for the education. 

Less "someone you disagree with " and more "an easily offended person who values their own peace of mind but not that of anyone who disagrees with them."

The very idea that someone has the right to not be offended, is offensive. That I must agree with them, at least outwardly, to not hurt their feelings, is silly. But that's the way many on the far left act.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hank said:

Less "someone you disagree with " and more "an easily offended person who values their own peace of mind but not that of anyone who disagrees with them."

The very idea that someone has the right to not be offended, is offensive. That I must agree with them, at least outwardly, to not hurt their feelings, is silly. But that's the way many on the far right act.

Fixed it for you.  ;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1