it is finally that time.... Dual 10.6" G3X and more being installed

bmcconnaha

well, made the trek to the avionics shop a few days ago to drop the J off.  @Baker Avionics is installing a whole slew of goodies for me.  Dual G3X, 750, GFC500 with Yaw damper, remote 345, remote 35c audio panel, remote com unit and a Garmin EIS  Also decided to go with a landing height system unit.  Really looking forward to it.  My old six pack knew it was on it way out.  the AI failed about 45 days ago, and the day i took it to Grants Pass to drop it off, the HSI failed.  looking forward to no more analog instruments.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Yay!

Do we get to watch?

Greg has a bunch of good pireps…

It would be great to see how this stuff gets done…  from the Mooney owner point of view…

Good luck with the next steps.

Best regards,

-a-

Absolutely.   I can post some photos as I receive them.  Also, if Instagram is your thing, they said they will share progress there. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bmcconnaha said:

Absolutely.   I can post some photos as I receive them.  Also, if Instagram is your thing, they said they will share progress there. 

If anyone wants to see it in progress, Elijah posts videos daily on Instagram which is linked to our Facebook account and they post there as well.  Follow us on FB and watch it.  It's pretty fun!  The plane is gutted currently.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone wants to see it in progress, Elijah posts videos daily on Instagram which is linked to our Facebook account and they post there as well.  Follow us on FB and watch it.  It's pretty fun!  The plane is gutted currently.

I will enjoy watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

How long did you have to wait to get it in?

Well, I made the deposit almost a year ago with a target date of October 2022.  The Landon’s (Jeff, Kerry and the kids) are awesome people.  The delay was due to me in part.  I was willing to wait until they had the equipment in hand and had a spot for my airplane.  I have a June 12th date “set in concrete.”

Jeff has been great in keeping my old panel going by swapping one of his ADI and Nav radios into my plane at no cost.  Lancaster is only about an hour’s flight away, which is nice.  I’m also based in Los Angeles for Delta so I can stop by and “help” them on my drive home to the central valley.

Dick Rutan and I think the SpaceShipOne program used them as they are close to Mojave.  Dick responded to my email and vouched for the high quality of Jeff’s work.

Bottom line is avionics shops are swamped.  I got quotes from as far away as Florida but most of the shops made me feel like they were doing me a favor to possibly take $120k of my money.  I’ve never felt this way at High Desert.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 10:03 AM, LANCECASPER said:

Garmin GTR-20. PMA version. It's also a remote audio panel (only a 2 place intercom though, so most people don't use the audio panel function).

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/140494/pn/010-01076-31

They should have integrated that with the 35C remote audio panel and made a killer unit for short radio stacks.