A Mooney Owner Again

gsxrpilot

After being without an airplane for 9 days, I am back in the game with an M20K 252 TSE.  I picked the bird up with a fresh annual from New Philadelphia, OH yesterday afternoon and flew it home to Austin, TX (KHYI) last night.  While I still need to learn how to properly fly her, I'm thrilled with the purchase and enjoyed the flight home.  Of course, I spend most of the flight reading the POH while the KFC150 did the flying. I've certainly got a lot to learn after 400 hours in an M20C.

Here's a picture that explains how thrilling it is to be flying a 252 after flying an M20C. There are three pieces of information that explain it.

IMG_0891.jpg

252AD.jpg

• Like 29

Just now, neilpilot said:

So you stopped over at my home base KAWM and didn't even give me a call.  Could have had some real Memphis BBQ, not that Texass beef.

Damn! If I'd only known... It was a quick stop for some cheap fuel. Only 10 cent difference between full service and self service!

Funny story, on the climb out, Memphis approach asked why there were two of us going to KHYI at the same time. It turns out there was a Bo also going to KHYI and we were at the same speed and altitude. We landed only 5 minutes apart.  I said I was just headed home, the Bo driver said he was going to visit his daughter and for the BBQ. The controller said you might not want to discuss Texas BBQ until you clear Tennessee airspace :-)

On landing we compared notes. We were identical speeds and altitudes. I did the flight on 41 gal, the Bo on 51 gal of gas. We were both solo and under gross.

• Like 1

I think you made record speed on that airplane turnaround! Congrats, looks like your new ride is as nice as the old one. I don't often take my C above 10,000 msl, the climb rate gets pretty bad. I went to 15,000 (18,800 DA) once, had to step climb the last few thousand feet. Enjoy the new plane!!

24 minutes ago, Zwaustin said:

Nice... That didn't take you long... Let me know next time your headed to San Marcos I'd love to see the new bird. 

I'll be there tomorrow morning. I think we're gonna fly formation at 11:00.