Frederick MD AOPA Fly-in (June 5-6th)

I am unsure if I will attend.  Due date for our first child is June 2nd.  So if I am able to make it, it would be in the AM for only a few hours.  I would drive.

I would love to attend as it is a much better date for the event than last year.

Thanks for all your hard work George.  I'll second the good information in the video.  Also liked your introduction.

-Seth

• Like 2

I am unsure if I will attend. Due date for our first child is June 2nd. So if I am able to make it, it would be in the AM for only a few hours. I would drive.

I would love to attend as it is a much better date for the event than last year.

Thanks for all your hard work George. I'll second the good information in the video. Also liked your introduction.

-Seth

Seth -- before I forget... Congratulations and condolences. Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your child AND condolences on your life changing forever. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So Seth , how much is the missle selling for...HaHa

Seeing that I was given permission to attend the formation clinic last weekend in Martinsburg, I think I'll be allowed to keep the Missile. However I highly doubt I'll hit anywhere close to 100 hours this year. Still thrilled about the reason.

I'll update everyone when the little one arrives.

-Seth

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Weather is poised to cooperate for Saturday's fly in at Frederick MD (KFDK).  AOPA is looking forward to hosting our members and enjoying a great day of pilots, planes, and pancakes!  If you're flying in from the North East please pay special attention to the presidential TFR over Wilmington DE.  

Important AOPA Fly-In Update:

As someone who is registered to attend our AOPA Fly-In at FDK this Saturday, June 6th, we wanted to make sure you were aware of the TFR below.

Should you have any questions regarding this alert, please contact our Pilot Information Center at 1-800-USA-AOPA (872-2672).

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Thank you and safe travels.

tfr-banner.jpg

WILMINGTON, DE ON SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015

tfr_wilmington.jpg

NOTAMs have been published (FDC 5/2208 and FDC 5/2280) that will affect flight in the area during President Obama's planned visit.

30 NM RADIUS TFR

On the DUPONT VORTAC (DQO) 026 degree radial at 2.5 nautical miles.
From the surface up to but not including 18,000 feet MSL.

Times

9:15 AM local until 2:30 PM local Saturday, June 6, 2015

12 NM RADIUS NO-FLY ZONE

On the DUPONT VORTAC (DQO) 026 degree radial at 2.5 nautical miles.
From the surface up to but not including 18,000 feet MSL.

Times

9:15 AM local until 2:30 PM local Saturday, June 6, 2015

Affected Public Use Airports

KILG New Castle
7N7 Spitfire Aerodrome
N57 New Garden
KEVY Summit
58M Claremont
9N2 Philadelphia
KOQN Brandywine
KPHL Philadelphia Intl
KMQS Chester County G O Carlson
00N Bucks
P72 Penn's Landing
M06 Havre De Grace

38N Smyrna
17N Cross Keys
C01 Southern Cross
MD1 Massey Aerodrome
29N Kroelinger
KLOM Wings Field
O03 Morgantown
0W3 Harford County
19N Camden County
33N Delaware Airpark
N10 Perkiomen Valley

Additional Notes:

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Except as specified below and/or unless authorized by ATC in consultation with the air traffic security coordinator via the domestic events network (DEN):

A. All aircraft operations within the 12 NMR area(s) listed above, known as the inner core(s), are prohibited except for: Approved law enforcement, military aircraft directly supporting the United States Secret Service (USSS) and the office of the President of the United States, approved air ambulance flights, and regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-Approved standard security programs/procedures: aircraft operator standard security program (AOSSP), full all-cargo aircraft operator standard security program (FACAOSSP), model security program (MSP), twelve five standard security program (TFSSP) all cargo, or all-cargo international security procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 cfr part 139 airports. All emergency/life saving flight (medical/law enforcement/firefighting) operations must coordinate with ATC prior to their departure at 215-492-4123 to avoid potential delays.

B. For operations within the airspace between the 12 nmr and 30 nmr area(s) listed above, known as the outer ring(s): All aircraft operating within the outer ring(s) listed above are limited to aircraft arriving or departing local airfields, and workload permitting, ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft must be on an active IFR or VFR flight plan with a discrete code assigned by an air traffic control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking the discrete code prior to departure and at all times while in the TFR and must remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

C. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, seaplane operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and utility and pipeline survey operations.

D. FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check notams frequently for possible changes to this TFR prior to operations within this region.

Follow Us:

twitter.pngfacebook.png

Share with other Pilots:

twitter.pngfacebook.png

Because TFR airspace frequently changes, AOPA strongly encourages pilots to obtain a briefing before every flight.

Click here to view NOTAM 5/2280 Wilmington, DE on 6/6/15

Click here to view NOTAM 5/2208 Wilmington, DE on 6/6/15

asi-banner.jpg

Airspace Online Course

- Take Course -

Intercept Procedures Card

- Download Here -

pps-banner.jpg

Get the protection you need to safeguard both your pilot and medical certificates all for one great price. For more information, visit www.AOPA.org/pps or call 1-800-USA-AOPA (872-2672).

You are receiving this TFR notice because you are a member of AOPA. To continue to receive this important member benefit, please keep your membership current and your contact information updated.

Have Questions? Please contact the Pilot Information Center at 1-800-USA-AOPA (872-2672)

Click here to unsubscribe

I REALLY wanted to be there today. I even planned to drive up so weather was not an issue.

However I will not be there as my wife gave birth to a little girl yesterday afternoon. She's already a Daddy's girl and who knows, maybe a future aviator.

Have a great time at the AOPA open house and I'm sorry I missed it. I'll open another thread soon with a picture of our first child.

Take care,

-Seth

• Like 3