201er's Mooney Expedition

201er

Please tell us there's a business reason for these flights, Mike. You're much too young to be doing this because it's on your retirement bucket list. The preparation time, and travel expenses are far from insignificant. Interesting that you're in Columbia. :ph34r:

I'd be interested in the size of your urine container and off-plane dump bag. Obviously, your clothing requirements are minimal. ;)

Fly safe up there, and keep the life raft nearby.

• Like 1

Please tell us there's a business reason for these flights, Mike. You're much too young to be doing this because it's on your retirement bucket list. The preparation time, and travel expenses are far from insignificant. Interesting that you're in Columbia. :ph34r:

I'd be interested in the size of your urine container and off-plane dump bag. Obviously, your clothing requirements are minimal. ;)

Fly safe up there, and keep the life raft nearby.

Depending on what he brings back from Colombia, financing this trip may be a trivial issue :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow bud you are a traveling fool.  :-)  I certainly hope you're going to go to Bonaire?  If you're gonna take the time to go to Curacao after Aruba then you just as well hop over to Bonaire to get all the "ABC" islands.  

Seriously Mike what an awesome trip.  Going to be hard to top this one. 

Be safe!

Ahhh, I'm not sooooo sure that is oil on them there cargo pants... Urinating in a plane is a delicate activity...

My first attempt was at night somewhere over Iraq... I recommend doing a test run with a piddle pack at zero knots and zero AGL. Then daytime before attempting with no light! There's a Dos Gringos song that captures the dilemma perfectly.

Mike you're crazy, but we love living vicariously through your trips!

• Like 2

Flew to Venezuela today, SVMG. Gotta say, Venezuelan air traffic controllers are the absolute worst. They are just completely clueless about procedures or what they are supposed to be doing. It's not even a language barrier. Ignoring calls, issuing commands prior to call signs, saying "ok" in response to requests, and giving wrong taxi instructions are just the beginning of it. They wasted so much of our time that we barely got to see anything during the brief time we had on Margarita Island.

With my home boys

post-8223-0-30166000-1386298516_thumb.jp

The only place where they check your plane for drugs prior to departure rather than after arrival

post-8223-0-56111500-1386298537_thumb.jp

They wasted so much of our time and ATC couldn't get my departure clearance straight that we were way behind schedule

post-8223-0-98940300-1386298548_thumb.jp

Shot an ILS approach into Trinidad at night

post-8223-0-05436900-1386298560_thumb.jp

• Like 1