Good airport to land at for visiting philadelphia

bd32322

I live in the area, so I do not use Public. Check KPNE on AirNav,com and call the FBO there to ask them about public. Also might check out KPHL I do know they have Public, but sort of like going into Newark or JFK, not sure what it would cost. AirNav and my phone is what I use when going someplace I have questions about. Good Luck.

PNE aka NorthEast Philly is as close as you can get without using a helicopter. A rental car would be good to get you to all the sights.

A single cab ride will definitely get you to the center of it all.

There are plenty of trains in the area, especially from Trenton to Phiily the rails go right past the airport. I don't know if any actually stop there though. A google map will show the rail lines...

Hope that helps. What's in Philly that interests you?

Best regards,

-a-

In 2011, flew from KBTV to KPNE in a DA-40 (it was a friend's...he flew...I monitored), Actually got some 2 hours of IMC in one flight...more flyable IMC (for a non-FIKI piston) then we get in a year here in AZ! Anyways...we got the FBO to drop us off at the train station which is a mile or two from the airport...just a 20 minute train ride into downtown Philly. I think it is the Torresdale Avenue stop. Did the reverse when we left..called the FBO and they picked us up at the train station.. I would point out that this was in the late summer, not so sure I'd want to hang out at the rail station in the winter waiting for the train though.

Overall, I'd say it's very easy in and out airport. The most difficult problem we had was understanding controller who read our clearance...perhaps it was the accent of Philly or else she had a big bite of cheesesteak in her mouth!

KPNE about 2 miles to the Torresdale station of SEPTA train. Google SEPTA regional rail for schedule. Get off at suburban station for center city or 30th st. station for train connections.

Atlantic Aviation is $5.00 per landing, $40.00 per day parking - first day waived with 15gal fuel purchase.

While you are out there you may want to stop at Wings Filed, in Blue Bell (just North of Philly). I usually go there and then grab a rental car or have a friend pick me up.

l

Wings Field is a less expesnsive alternative to PNE, but not as convenient a field, also it only has GPS approaches (my former plane did not have a GPS in the panel). It also is one of the oldest airports in the United States (if not the world). Wings Field, College Park, those two have a lot of history.

Enjoy Philly!

-Seth

A couple of years ago I had to fly to Philadelphia for four straight weekends. I flew into PHL, which has easy rail access to downtown. PHL is easy and convenient. The parking fee was expensive. I believe it was $50 for the first night and slightly less for the next night. I negotiated a slightly lower fee since I was doing four trips. Lee