1965 M20E (IFD440 and full ADS-B; out of annual) $40k

Conrad

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMDSosdvyvNGhgs0g3V2NmbpQemj_TTyppz-Qchttps://photos.app.goo.gl/NrzuR5r1busGYakYA

Has that legendary J-bar ka-chunk. Learn to do the "Mooney wave" as you depart!

~1700 hours since major overhaul performed in 2012 by Mena Aircraft Engines.

The bad stuff: Out of annual, last flew May 2022. Birds known to be nesting in the tail. Was flying irregularly before that. One of the exhaust headers fell off last time I flew it. This was repaired, but it has sat since then. The interior is honestly pretty ugly.

The flight history since the ADSB system was installed is fairly accurately tracked on FlightAware. Though I don't pay for access to that full history you could.

Excellent avionics stack. Retains the six pack instruments which make it cool and give you the high-resolution, immediate feedback that you want when flying a plane that demands such precise input. GTX 345 brings you all the benefits of ADS-B, and the IFD440 gives you certified display of all kinds of great information. The center-of-panel location of the C/E radio stack means the unit is at your fingertips and easy to see all the time. The cluster gauge, a notoriously finnicky and difficult to source part on these old planes (that can put a serious dent in your dispatch rate per the TOMATO FLAMES) has been replaced with a highly reliable CGR-30C, which also includes fuel flow monitoring. An EDM700 offers the four cylinder EGT readouts you need to run comfortably lean or rich of peak. The CGR-30C also brings you a YELLOW/RED caution and warning system for the engine with the alarms front and center on the left side panel. The fuel levels on this gauge have been custom calibrated to this plane's tanks, and are highly accurate. Low fuel on one side is expressed as a caution -- a useful reminder that it's time to change tanks! IFD440 provides terrain and traffic awareness with auditory callouts.

Copilot side panel ready for a makeover, and I have an aluminum blank for a new right side panel that you can have. It seems logical to organize the haphazardly placed breakers, move the vac indicator to the pilot side, and replace the aging EDM-700 with a CGR-30P (which can use the same data processing unit already installed for the CGR30C). At the same time it should be possible to clear a good amount of panel space for a RAM mount for a tablet. While the plane has been operating under VFR it would be relatively easy to re-certify for IFR

Positive Control system with custom shutoff switch. Originally these planes had the PC system disconnect in the yoke where it was a pain to hold down with your left thumb if you wanted to fly the plain without the need to overpower the wing leveler. Moving it to a switch on the panel also leaves you with your PTT on the yoke for easy calling. No altitude component. This system is no longer supported by any functioning company. Fortunately it's a dirt simple design, and it may even be possible to support in the future through the rules that allow creation of custom parts when no certified alternatives are available.

Has the rear stub spar doubler kit installed, which I am told reinforces the flap extension system to be exactly as strong as the system used on models for which the maximum flap speed is 120 mph. The plane's capabilities are not enhanced on paper, but the margin for safety is significantly improved (a definite win since it's particularly hard to get these planes down to 100mph without flaps (and easy to get over 100mph even with the flaps down))

3-blade Hartzell Top Prop and PowerFlow exhaust (installed by previous owner). Excellent rebuilt doghouse done with engine overhaul.

Some damage history prior to my ownership, apparently repaired satisfactorily. Not always hangared, and lived at KOAK for many years. Was sprayed internally with ACF-50 and maintained by LASAR during this "no expenses spared" period of its life (well, none aside hangarage).

I do not have the aircraft near me but will arrange for more pictures. I do have the log books near me, and I will start organizing the information in there and presenting it digitally.

Price $65k. Located KSEG. Happy to answer any questions. I helped do the annuals for many years.

PXL_20211106_214152933(1).jpg

• Conrad changed the title to 1965 M20E (IFD440 and full ADS-B; out of annual) $40k