looking for KI525A

1 hour ago, amekler said:

My 2000 Bravo KI 525A GS is sticking. Does anyone have a working one they have for sale? Not ready for a Garmin 275 yet.

Alan

GS sticking is a common problem with these units. You can verify that it is stuck and not otherwise inoperative by reaching under the panel and tapping the case while on an ILS and seeing if the GS needles track the glide slope once freed up. The problem is that the stops need cleaning. I took the case off mine and fixed it myself years ago when I had one of those. The mechanism is pretty simple and it’s obvious once you take the case off. For sure Bevan can fix that if you don’t want to do it yourself.

Thanks

I’ve  tried taping and it comes down and it seems to match my other indicator

I ‘ve also tried cycling it on the ils on the ground between vloc and gps a bunch of times 

Alan 

I have  525A system that will be removed in the next couple of weeks. Bob Bramble overhauled the unit several years ago and and I have used it for about 500Hrs.  The unit has 2300 total hours.  I keep my 1999 Bravo hangared so the unit has suffered little over its life.  525A was factory installed in 1999.  Let me know if you have interest.  I also have a KI 256 again overhauled by Bramble at the same time as the HSI.  Planning dual KI 275 install in March.  Want to talk my number is 303 886 4575.  

20 hours ago, Fritz1 said:

Bob Bramble at aerolabs in Kentucky is really good with them, he repaired mine, give him a call

yes just got in touch with him . will be sending mine in soon.

Alan